The Walpole

35 St Mary's Road, Ealing, London, W5 5RG - View on a map

The Walpole is a wonderful local cafe that serves amazing breakfasts and opens Friday and Saturday nights for dinner. Ever since our first visit we've loved the place and so has everyone we've ever taken there. The staff are friendly, the tables cosy and the paper table cloths add a bistro feel. Crayons available for all kids, big and small, to draw on them and the wall on the walk to the toilet is covered with some of the best drawings.

The owners are the chef and his wife, who is without doubt one of the best hosts I have ever come across. She'll come to your table and talk you through the menu, she's entertaining and very funny and immediately makes you feel at home. The food portions are huge, I'd recommend sharing a starter and you'll probably still need to take some home! Food is homely and delicious and the wine menu superb. I always come away feeling full and happy, what more could you ask for? Simply my favourite restaurant in London.

Vicky - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, February 22, 2014

This is the worst cafe I have ever been to. I went to it after reading the high rated reviews of it.

What a disappointment. First off, the place has a "dirty" look to it. There are brown sheets over the tables which have been covered in ketchup, sugar/salt and oil. Had hey been replaced? NO. Then to the food. It took 25 mins for the food to arrive. And when it did, all of our orders were wrong. Which then took a further 20 mins. This seemed to annoy the "Cook" in the back, because he could be heard swearing quite loudly. How rude and unprofessional. Ridiculous. I promise you, I never write reviews but this one I had to because it was utterly disappointing and a complete joke. Don't go there, there are far better cafes.

Never again.

Kirsty
Saturday, September 07, 2013

We regularly have Dinner at this place, and is one of the most friendliest place in London. The menu is described in length, and will tell you how each dish is cooked. Food is just delicious !!!!!!!!

The portions of both the Main and Dessert are so big and most of the time we had to ask them to be packed for take-away.

Service is the best.......

Highly recommended 10 out 10.

Manhar, Rama, Punit & Alison Joshi