Lorelei

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

Me and all my friends are also devastated that Giacinto and Faye decided to hang up their aprons.

I've been coming here for 20 years. I've dragged everyone I know here and they can't believe they didn't know about it. Their chips were the best in town. I craved their margheritas. My mum loved their omelettes.

What they had was so good and rare - the food, the decor, the prices, the outside toilets, that fabulous coffee machine, the warm welcome, the gentle, patient hospitality and professionalism. Money can't buy it.

You were made to feel at home here.

Most new places put up with you because you are paying and treat you like they are doing you a favour. Onward the homogenisation of Central London, where people are valued by how much they are likely to spend. Authentic interiors are ripped out and replaced by fake designey retro tat, stripped of it's functionality, cynically placed to give a false impression of pedigree. Smoke and mirrors.

Faye, Giacinto and the Lorelei will be sorely missed. Their likes will not be seen again.

Missing you already!

CNR
Sunday, April 21, 2013

I am completely devastated that Loreleis has shut its doors.

This place was brilliant, hopefully the owners can at last relax. I'm just worried that this is the sign of things to come for Soho. Independants out chains in :(

T
Sunday, March 03, 2013

I'm very sad to say that this wonderful restaurant has closed its doors for the last time. We went past today (Wednesday 27 February 2013) to find that it closed two days ago. There's a note in the window thanking customers for their support over the years. It was a magical and strange and lovely place.

Karen
Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I love the Lorelei. In a world of rip off plastic tat this is the real deal where the Kray brothers used to meet & it really has hardly changed. I love taking in a couple of bottles of wine (I think their "corkage" charge is about £2 a bottle- & you can sit all night drinking, have a pizza (home made & OK-not fantastic)-for about a tenner. where else in Soho can you do that?

Brilliant for a cheap night out & a change.

Hermione Potter