La Cave

6-10 Borough High Street, London Bridge, London, SE1 9QQ - View on a map

La Cave Restaurant In London

Nothing to say but it was more than fine. Very friendly staff, the wine selection is very nice and for all kinds of budgets. I went there to have dinner and the food was really fresh, the cuisine well elaborated and it reminded me the time I spent in France. I definitely recommend that place.

Julien - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, March 06, 2014

Visiting Borough Market on a busy Saturday lunchtime we wanted to sit down with our two children for a proper meal so took a chance on La Cave's set menu. What transpired was one of the best meals we've had for ages. The salad starters were simple but perfectly presented and delicious. The mains far exceeded our expectations and again were the work of a kitchen that clearly knows what it was doing. These were followed by chocolate mousse dessert that was certainly a hit with the children. The wine list is not cheap but our bottle of Albarino was memorably good. Service throughout the meal was excellent and it was a change to find that bread was both abundant and not charged extra! All in all, a really good meal, excellent value and much better than the fare provided by a standard 'family' chain restaurant.

James Todd
Saturday, October 29, 2011

I recently visited La Cave and will not be returning. Despite asking for a jug of water I was given a very small glass and had to ask 4 times for a refill. My friend ordered a diet coke, this was obviously the dregs so she asked for another one which came out exactly the same (as the waiter had obviously not bothered to taste it), so had to request an alternative drink. A third friend was over charged for her drinks and the desserts were disappointing.

The starters and main course were enjoyable although when ordering we asked for more information on the chicken and mash and were told, "you know, what chicken's like". We are still none the wiser if it is served in a sauce with veg etc.

We then paid the bill but left a little under the 12.5% tip included in the bill. The waiter then challenged me over this and I had to point out it was discretionary, he made a disgruntled noise and went off. He was then heard complaining to another waiter that we hadn't paid the full amount of the service charge.

Saturday, August 13, 2011