Tupelo Honey

27 Parkway, Camden, London, NW1 7PN - View on a map

I wish I could give a half a star and that is purely for the incredibly rude owner. Though I won't because the waitstaff were nice and noticeably uncomfortable by the owners treatment of us.

I tried to arrange to have a few people meet up here. I called ahead of time and was told on the phone, by the owner, that she was too busy working in the kitchen to handle it. Each time she said she'd call me back. She never did. So I show up with my people - three to be exact - and was yelled at - YELLED AT - for not confirming the situation. Did I mention that she yelled at me as if I was a small child. In front of other baffled customers.

Apparently she was going to be packed - SUPER BUSY - and asked us to leave. She literally threw away business. Sadly, had to listen to her confused waitstaff wonder why she was kicking out business. Completely insane.

A friend I was with ordered breakfast anyway. Her eggs were - meh. The servers kept apologising, the whole time we were there, even though they had nothing to do with it. I'd been here before and it was nothing to shout about. Usually empty with mediocre food. But now, never again.

Sunday, November 24, 2013