Viet-anh Cafe

41 Parkway, Camden, London, NW1 7PN - View on a map

I've been to the cafe once, and would never go back. I am Vietnamese myself so deeply disappointed with the food there. It's more like a Chinese take away than an 'authentic Vietnamese' restaurant as they call themselves. The Pho noodle is tasteless, it tastes like they use the instant flavour cube rather than using the traditional method of boiling bones overnight. The restaurant was packed at 7pm but there was only 1 waiter. Me and my friend had to come to the counter to ask for where to sit, and again later to pay. We had to wait quite a long time for the waiter to come and take our order. Also he completely forgot about our drinks because he was so busy taking taking other take away orders. If you looking for the authentic Vietnamese food and great experience, please avoid this restaurant at all cost!

D. Le
Wednesday, August 01, 2012

AVOID - Awful. It's not often I have experienced a meal so greasy it's inedible. I'm a massive fan of Vietnamese food, but this was a huge disappointment. No query from the staff on why we ate only a few mouthfuls of our meal. I can only assume this restaurant survives from passing tourist non-repeat trade. Really expensive too.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

My wife & I had a great meal again last night at Viet-anh. We live locally and this is one of the most consistent restaurants on Parkway. The menu does have many "chinese style" dishes as well but this is not a problem as they are well prepared. We are both fish eaters and the steamed sea bass with ginger and spring onions is always excellent. We love the vegetable dishes -the crispy fried noodles with tofu/vegetables and black bean sauce was a dream.

The restaurant is always busy and they do a quick turnover of tables. The service efficient and friendly.

Stephen
Friday, July 29, 2011

This is a convenience stop. One comes to this restaurant for a quick bite, not for an evening meal.

The food is passable. I take the point from another reviewer that it's a bit sloppy but I wouldn't say it was too bad either. I've been a few times and never actually been outright disappointed. But it could be better if they tried a bit.

I couldn't really fault the service. Again, I take the point about card charges from another reviewer, but one is really expected to pay by cash in these places. Leaving any debates about consumer rights for another discussion, this is just the "done thing". I have no problem with this. And I think the prices are quite reasonable, considering there is competition in the area.

The only real complaint I have is the cleanliness. I always seem to end up with a slightly sticky table and there does seem to be a fair amount of dirt visible around floor edges, etc.

Alan Ingham - View all reviews by this user