Bluebird Restaurant

350 King's Road, Chelsea, London, SW3 5UU - View on a map

Bluebird Restaurant Restaurant In London

What a disappointing first visit to the Bluebird Restaurant. I booked a table as soon as the restaurant opened, 6pm as I needed to leave by 7.15pm, we were not seated until 6.25pm due to a staff meeting being held in the restaurant area. The waitress attempted to take us to the table but we were informed to 'perch here for a while’ as she wasn't allowed to take us to our table while there was a meeting going on. Eventually at 6.45pm a waiter tried to take our food order before we'd been offered any drinks. My partner ordered the steak which was awful, whilst I appreciate that fat adds flavour and keeps the meat moist, this was ridiculous and over half of the ‘steak’ was inedible. When the waiter came to clear our still full plates, not once we were asked if the meal was ok, I would have expected the waiter to enquire why we’d left so much of our food.

On a positive note, the cocktails were marvellous and the bar is a fabulous setting for drinks and the like.

Caroline Newberry