Adchaya

164 Merton High Street, South Wimbledon, London, SW19 1AZ - View on a map

Contrary to what the last reviewer said, I had the best curry of my life here on Friday night. The staff were also extremely friendly (when my companion didn't know what to order, he helpfully suggested some tasty dishes).

The Mutton Ceylon I had with Lemon rice and Chapati was beautifully seasoned showing a skilful blend of chilli fire, but with wonderful aromaticity.

I am extremely jealous that my friend lives almost next door!

They also do great rotis, dosas, and authentic deep fried delicacies in the counter section (I'll be investigating those further next time I visit!).

I've only given a 7 for atmosphere because the cafe part is fairly functional. But I'd rather the food was cheap than pay for fancy interiors!

This place is brilliant!

Paul Briggs
Monday, November 18, 2013

Went to south Wimbledon and was looking forward to a nice curry on a Sunday.

I ordered a chicken Ceylon as this Is my favourite Indian dish.

As I have never eaten here before, I wanted to stick to what I knew best which was this particular dish.

I purchased it and took it home.

When I got home after waiting ages for it to be cooked , was looking forward to eating my Sunday takeaway .

As I opened it, the colour and the flavours were unrecognisable. That by far was the worst tasting and looking food I have ever seen. Wouldn't even feed that to my dog. Took one mouthful and threw it away.

There were bones with no chicken on and was barely edible.

I can understand why it Is cheap, the food was terrible.

Lee Eimerl - View all reviews by this user