Addie's Thai

121 Earl's Court Road, London, SW5 9RL - View on a map

Addie's Thai Restaurant In London

We started eating lunch around 2:25pm today, we were told that they close at 3pm. Fair enough.

The waiter came over and asked if we wanted anything else around 2:55pm, we said no, we've nearly finished then paid the bill. Then at 3pm, he said we are closing at 3pm.we said ok, then started eating quicker...he then came back and said he can pack our food to take away if we wanted to take it with us, we said, no thank you, we'll eat it all now. At 3:10pm, he came over again and said, I'm packing all your food into takeaway boxes right now, as you taking too long to eat and we are shut. We close at 3pm and it is now 3:20pm (a lie) You all need to leave immediately!

WOW...is all I can say...ok, fair enough you close at 3pm, but we have never known any restaurant around the world to boot people out in such a rude manner. We were polite and were trying to eat as quickly as possible. If they want repeat customers, they really need to review their staff as staff like that should never be client facing. Such an embarrassment for the restaurant.

On a side note, the food was so so. My noodles were very sweet for some reason...but the Thai Ice tea was nice.

...never ever going back...and I'd recommend all others to eat elsewhere too. Better food and service in lots of other places nearby.

Sunday, November 09, 2014

Tamarind and Thyme

Tamarind and Thyme

Sunday, July 10, 2011 - Blai had to have his favourite Pad Thai) which was beautifully presented under a lacy omelette veil. It was very good and had well-balanced flavours though the pork we ordered it with was a bit tough. I didn't feel like having dishes with rice so I ordered another one dish meal, the Pineapple Fried Rice. The rice had been fried with a red curry paste and chunks of chicken and fresh pineapple. It was very moreish; I love spicy curried fried rice...It was great to see that Addie's is still a good Thai restaurant after all these years.