Grand Indian Restaurant

6 New Row, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4LH - View on a map

This is by far the worst restaurant I have ever been in my life. We ordered 3 meat dishes (around 11 pounds each) and when the food arrived, we had at our table 2 kinds of bread, rice, and some veggies (an eggplant dish). WE HADN'T ORDERED THIS AT ALL!!! I warned everybody trying to go to this restaurant to please STAY AWAY from it! We naively thought all this was included with the meat dishes (in the US, you get free plain rice with every meat/seafood dish at Indian restaurants) but we suspected they were trying to charge us for things we didn't order, and, eventually, we were right.

When they came with the bill, it was over 70 pounds for 2 adults and a child. This was unbelievable! We tried to explained that we didn't order part of the food they served and they totally denied it, saying we had ordered everything that was served. We couldn't believe how rude these people were. They just thought because we were tourists (and none of us was an English native speaker) we could easily be scammed.

I am sure there are many great Indian restaurants in London but I warn you, this is NOT one of them. Do yourself a favor and go eat somewhere else.

London Lover