Bistro Benito

166 Earl's Court Road, London, SW5 9QQ - View on a map

Was close to our hotel so tried it out. Lasagna was the best I've ever tried anywhere, and the staff were warm and welcoming. We returned a few nights later and enjoyed it just as much. The tables are close but it gave us the opportunity to meet a family from Italy who were on vacation. We spent our time talking the them and the owners served us a complimentary warm masala wine while we talked and shared our pictures and stories. Great atmosphere for people who like to socialize while being served delicious food in a friendly family oriented environment.

vickie
Thursday, October 17, 2013

We dined at Bistro Benito on Monday, 29th. April, 2013. The place was busy, the staff very friendly, the food, awful. They seemed to have one sauce for everything. I had a chicken dish, which arrived covered in a Bolognese-ish sauce, that was JUST edible. My wife had a lasagne, covered in the same sauce, which she found gristly and inedible. Our friend had a spaghetti Bolognese (same sauce) which he too found quite distasteful and left most of it.

We were not inclined to try any desserts given the quality of their main meals.

The best I can say of this establishment is that the staff and owner (?) were extremely affable.

Squyre - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Visited this eaterie on Sunday (two adults); it was the day of the George Michael concert. Everywhere was extremely crowded, including this bistro. The restaurant was very busy and noisy. The tables were extremely close together, too close there was no privacy in peoples' conversations. There was a reasonable choice but limited vegetarian options, prices OK. We had to wait over 30 minutes for our meal, a couple of apologies that the meal was coming but no explanation (some customers had ordered, eaten and left whilst still waiting) as to why we had to wait - it was only pasta. Bearing in mind this is an Italian restaurant, you would expect top class pasta and sauces. Mine, a stuffed pasta in tomato sauce, lacked a good, rich flavour and was only just warm. Perhaps on a less busy day this bistro would have scored more points, but sorry to say I left feeling hungry! A place I would not return to.

dovestream
Tuesday, October 16, 2012

We were staying in Earl's Court in July 2011 and decided to try this not huge restaurant rather than one of the many chains in the same area. Variety of Italian food well served.The service recieved was the best. How about staff? They were friendly, especially some beautiful waitress with brown, long hair with Polish (as we might have known)accent ,she was really nice and personable. We were in Bistro in September and the atmosphere was worse in this place. But anyway, we are going to visit this place during this year. One of the best restaurants in Earl's Court.

B., J. and K.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hmm, I visited this establishment on 10th. November 2011, and I was most disappointed. To be frank I would rate it as a transport café. Cheap food in cheap surroundings.

Alan
Friday, November 11, 2011

We were staying in Earl's Court and decided to try this little restaurant rather than one of the many chains in the same area. Frankly, we expected more after reading the positive reviews on this site. The place has character and the staff were friendly, but the food was a disappointment. We decided to go for pasta after we saw the guests at the next table struggle with their meat dishes. I had an indifferent taglatelle bolognese, my girlfriend had a bland canneloni, which she abandoned after finding a strange piece in it - lungs? Dessert was not an option for us as the dessert cart with fruit and creamy cakes was standing in the middle of the hot dining room, unrefridgerated.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Bistro Benito has been on my short list of London eating houses since 2006. Having an annual trip to the UK, and staying in Earls Court, Benitos is just a short stroll from the hotel, so almost an every night meal while I'm there.

Once in the door, and shown you're table you get the "Gold Treament" from start to finish.

Meals are excellent, well presented, and not expensive.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Absolutely stunning allround restaurant. Visited on our first of two nights in London and loved it so much went back for the second night. Ten out of ten on all fronts. Food superbly cooked and presented. Tastes of extremely high standard. Staff both professional and friendly, especially gentleman front of house with his "low calorie desserts". Atmosphere cosy without being intrusive.

Prices alone are more reasonable than any other eating establishment in the area which all seem of the fast food/microwave variety.

Will definitely put on the agenda for all future London visits.

Elaine Henderson