Agra Restaurant

137 Whitfield Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 5EL - View on a map

The Agra was closed for so long for refurbishment that we wondered would it ever re-open. Hooray, it did, and as good as ever. I am vegetarian and a foodie; this place has a really good selection for me. I don't have to "make do" while my companions have the best; my non-veggie friend and I can have lots of vegetarian options and we both enjoy them. Have been going to The Agra since about 1985 and it is always reliable.

Shirley Jacobs
Friday, March 20, 2015

We were so happy when the Agra opened again! Have been going there for 20 years as its the best curry house in London - great, friendly service, reasonably priced and most importantly, the food is excellent - full of flavour. Very modest restaurant to look at but lovely friendly atmosphere. Welcome back!

Thursday, May 01, 2014

A marvelous restaurant . First went there with Indian students in the 1960's who introduced me to Indian cooking. A pleasure that has remained with me ever since.

This restaurant has the best Tandoori outside the continent of India- and also the most delicious Peshwari Nan. Although now living outside of London and in the 'Shires' I make an effort to eat here every time I am in London.

The dishes are authentic, the portions generous, the cost reasonable, the situation excellent ( near Warren St Tube Station ) and the family and their staff are welcoming and delightful.

A gem of a restaurant. Guaranteed to help you through the traumas of life !!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Got a take away so can't really comment on the atmosphere (so ignore that score). But the food and service was absolutely splendid. Owners/workers seemed very genuinely friendly. Generous portions. Will visit as much as i can on my low student budget. The best Indian in the area in my opinion. I hate stingy portions and this was definitely generous especially with the lamb in my biriyani. Seeing as I literally didn't quite have enough money on me to cover all the bill the workers/owners let me off and were generous about it and gave me some complementary naan, poppadom, chutney and soft drink.

Adil - View all reviews by this user