Floridita

100 Wardour Street, Soho, London, W1F 0TN - View on a map

Floridita Restaurant In London

I went there on a Saturday with a group of friends and was disappointed with the quality of the food. The empanadas seemed to be microwaved.The steak was chewy and tough. I had to spit some out into a napkin, as it was impossible to eat. The dessert was the only decent part of the whole meal, and it was not great. It is a complete waste of money to eat in this place. I wouldn't even recommend going to eat there with discount coupons. The music charge was ridiculous! I didn't understand this. I'd say go there if you want to dance some salsa and have a few drinks.

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Went on a Friday night and was initially pleased with our choice of venue, nice atoms and good music, however, the food was very disappointing, the portions were a little more than what you would expect for a starter and overpriced. I paid for a Quesadilla which was a small sized fajita with the middle (only the middle part) filled with Jalapeno peppers, the rest was just dry fajita, and that was my main meal at the cost of £13!!

My drinks was filled with ice, had to ask for enough drink to be added just for taste.

Music very loud but not a good place to go if you don't like shouting all evening to be heard.

When we got the bill we were further shocked to find the music was charged £6 per person, we paid over £60 for two people, two main dishes which very little food and one alcoholic drink. Not in the slightest good value for money.

Good service, our waiter was certainly aware there is an issue with the food prices, so he tried to make up for it with service. Sorry but not quite enough for a overpriced night out.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

It was my birthday and I went there with my girlfriend. The service was slow and the waiter rude. While I was opening my birthday present the last thing I wanted to hear was an intrusive waiter telling me "wanna pay with cash or card?". What the hell, pure tactlessness!

The waiter even "forgot" to bring me the change and avoided my area for a good 30 mins. I had to go to the bar and complain with the manager to have my change back.

Never again.

Andrea
Saturday, August 13, 2011

My advice is do not waste your time and money going here. Yes, the music and dancing are atmospheric, but there are plenty of bars in London where you can dance salsa and not be ripped off, like you will here. The food and drinks are expensive and even then are not that good, the service was rubbish and slow. Example: a side order of cassava chips costs £3.75 - we could not believe our eyes when we were served 4 small chips in a dish. 1234. That's nearly £1 per chip! One of our party had the fish, with scales, another sent food back because it was cold - a small slice of very ordinary lemon tart was £7. With the music fee and gratuities, I ended up paying £40 for 2 awful courses that would have been over priced at half that cost, and this did not include the drinks. Never never again.

Maz
Sunday, August 07, 2011

Have been a few times to this place, against all odds. The food is reasonably tasty but portion sizes are quite small, but the whole burnt in your wallet won't be. Atmosphere is excellent I like the Latino theme but be prepared for very loud music that will leave you screaming in your dinner companion's ear all night. I'd recommend joining the rum club here, it's monthly rum tasting sessions are a much more intimate, good valued and quiet then the general chaos of the main dining area.

Jase
Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Our evening at Floridita must rank as about the worst value for money of any meal that we have had in the UK. Startin with the absolutely outrageous prices for mojitos (£8.50 for a mediocre cocktail) and £7.50 for a glass of fairly ordinary red wine the meal progressed. The meal deal was 3 courses for £18.50 but if steak was ordered that would be an extra £4.00. Nevertheless we ordered a steak each with bearnaise sauce. There were no vegetables included in this except a few chips in a small ramikin dish so we ordered a side dish of snow peas with shallots each. When the meal came there was neither bearnaise sauce nor shallots! So for our main course we had a lump of steak, chips and peas. The starters and desserts were what one would expect of any decent restaurant but very small.

However, what capped the whole lot was the bill. Not including the bar bill the total for four people for the four meal deals and two of the lowest price botles of wine on the list was £228.00!! This included £6.00 each for the ear splitting band which wrecked any attempt at conversation and a whopping 'optional' 12.5% service charge. NEVER AGAIN!

Richard Duncan
Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I went for dinner with my parents a couple of days ago and the place was empty.

The place is huge so it felt really intimidating to be the only diners.

The cocktails were excellent and the band was really good but the food was really bad. We ordered steaks and had to return 2 of them twice as the chef could not cook them properly. We did not had 1 waiter, not 2, but at least 4 or 5 staff came to our table, so I understand the place was empty and you needed to work but that was just ridiculous.

At the end the experience was bad and the bill was huge.

Will not recommend it to my friend or enemy.

julie mackensie
Monday, May 02, 2011

Went here for a friends birthday. Venue is stunning. Although nice, the food was very pricey. Drinks are very pricey if you can get served. Restaurant staff were very attentive but @ 12.5% service charge so they should be. Music was fantastic and played all the night I was there. People that go there to dance know their stuff and if you're not a salsa dancer you might find this intimidating. Dance floor way too small be prepared to be shoved around. Staff were constantly trying to sell us something throughout the night from gifts for the party girl to cocktails. Note: Menu states that £6 will be added to your bill to pay for the band. This doesn't sound too bad until you get the bill and figure out that they have charged you £6 per head for the band. 10 of us ate which meant they charged us an additional £60 on top of an already very large bill.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

I had a brilliant night out in Floridita. The place is visually stunning, and this was matched by the brilliant service and top quality food. Also a Cuban band provided the entertainment which was a really nice touch. Once we had finished our dinner we moved on to sampling the excellent cocktails, and danced the night away. When the band stopped at just after midnight a DJ took over, and the atmosphere was amazing.

I would definately recommend this place to all my friends. It was a great night out, and considering the high quality of the food, service and entertainment, great value for money.

Elena Suarez - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, April 30, 2011

Floridita London is not the place to go.

The food was really bad, the waiter seem inexperienced and could not answer our question about the food, and the place was just empty for the all 2 hours we stayed there.

With all the restaurant in London do not waste your time in Floridita.

margaret laurent