Akash Tandoori (Northcote Rd)

70 Northcote Road, Clapham, London, SW11 6QL - View on a map

Was looking forward to our first visit to this restaurant, big mistake, as we found the staff not very welcoming, very unfriendly and as the evening progressed the service was became non existent. Time and time again throughout the evening the waiters just ignored us at our table, never once checking whether we were happy with the meal or offering to assist us any further. The food was okay it is just unfortunate that the waiter service was any better. They also had the cheek to add 10% to our bill for service which I politely asked them to remove before I settled the bill. I had informed the manager that in all the indian restaurants that we have visited this was the most unfriendly. I also informed him that this was the last time that I would be coming to this restaurant.

Mr George Firth
Saturday, February 14, 2015

The Akash has been in Northcote Road for ages now but we haven't been for a while. Oh dear. It was full, very full. There was a TV on in the corner beaming Bollywood movies (thankfully without the sound) but it was like having a bad twitch in the corner of your eye. Prompt service of poppadoms. Took ages taking the proper food and drink order. Food took nearly an hour to arrive by which time I was feeling pretty tetchy as were diners on either side of us. Owner spent the entire meal polishing the bottles on his bar. 10 per cent service charge added to the bill. And two glasses of something fizzy arrived (presumably as a way of apologising for rotten service). Not good enough Akash!

Susannah Moss