Akash Tandoori (Northcote Rd)

70 Northcote Road, Clapham, London, SW11 6QL - View on a map

This is my local. The service is second to none. The owner , Nasir, takes his turn in the kitchen. His son is an active manager. Loyal staff have been there for ages.

It is wonderful to be greeted like a family friend every time we show up.

This is a core part of the local community. Highly recommended.

Guy Mather
Monday, March 06, 2017

Was looking forward to our first visit to this restaurant, big mistake, as we found the staff not very welcoming, very unfriendly and as the evening progressed the service was became non existent. Time and time again throughout the evening the waiters just ignored us at our table, never once checking whether we were happy with the meal or offering to assist us any further. The food was okay it is just unfortunate that the waiter service was any better. They also had the cheek to add 10% to our bill for service which I politely asked them to remove before I settled the bill. I had informed the manager that in all the indian restaurants that we have visited this was the most unfriendly. I also informed him that this was the last time that I would be coming to this restaurant.

Mr George Firth