Langan's Brasserie

Stratton Street, Piccadilly, London, W1J 8LB - View on a map

Langan's Brasserie Restaurant In London

The Independent

Tracey MacLeod - 12/15

Saturday, March 02, 2013 - A main course escalope of veal Holstein was overfacingly enormous – two continents of breaded meat, topped with overlapping fried eggs, capers, crosshatchings of anchovy, and served with a jug of gravy. Definitely blokes' food. For the ladies, pan-fried seabream with crushed potatoes and rouille was decent, unexciting, gastropubbish fare...Langan's may have dropped off the radar for London's fickle foodies, but it's still a fine, fun lunch spot. And it obviously still has a very healthy fan base.

A very iconic British institution which never fails to please! Dining here always hits the spot and their charming friendly waiters are wonderful, they are so welcoming and never rush you. Every single time I have been here I've been treated to fantastic food and generous portion sizes too.

I've frequented Langans many times over my 15 years working in Mayfair and I must say it's one of my ultimate favourites for breakfast. My eggs benedict or eggs royale are always cooked to perfection and under £10 too... bargain! Lunches here are always a regular thing too and I can happily recommend anything on the menu. My personal favourites are their delicious fish pie, lamb shank and the duck. Last week I had the poached sea trout with samphire & keta caviar butter sauce... it was heavenly. What can I say other than this place is simply perfect for any leisurely breakfast, lunch or dinner with anybody - lovers, family, friends or clients.

Bee - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Had a meal with my granddaughters on Saturday 12th Jan 2013. Very disappointed with the souffl which was not what we expected and the anchovy sauce had split. The mashed potato was of the instant powdered type and Peroni lager at £12.00 a pint was way over the top. All in all must say the old standards are no longer there and after using Langan's for many years I will not be returning unless there is a return to them.

Brian Gazzard