The Regency Club

19-21 Queensbury Station Parade, Edgware, London, HA8 5NR - View on a map

I have had many people rave about this restaurant and as they do not allow children in the place I was excited when it was just my friend and I going out to dinner here tonight. We called in advance to see if we could reserve a table but they do not take reservations on the weekends, and when I asked how busy it was and if we would have to wait long for a table, the response was "yes we have lots of tables available at the moment". We walked in to an over crowded venue full of men watching the football…the guy on the phone seemed to have forgot to mention. The only tables available were one directly under the projector screen and the other by the front door. We opted for the one by the front door, only to have the cold air from outside blown at us every time someone enter the venue.

The waiter come to take our order, but we could barely hear him with all the noise. We ordered our starters, luckily only 3, as when they arrived on the table there was hardly any room to put them, the table was so small.

Our waiter was no where to be seen so I asked another waiter for a drink only to be told I had to order from my waiter....who was NOWHERE TO BE SEEN!!! Finally when he did show his face he asked if we wanted to order main course. I asked him to recommend a fish dish which he did and so I went with his recommendation only to receive a very dry piece of un-flavored tilapia. To be honest it was unsightly! I asked our waiter if I could get a small bowl of some sort of curry sauce to eat with it as it was so dry and his response was "I don't think so but let me ask". The waiter approached the unfriendly man that seats you when you walk in, to ask for my request and we see him shaking his head to say no. He then came to our table to explain that this is the way this fish is meant to be served and after much debate (and us offering to pay for the sauce) he finally agreed to bring some to our table (by this time my fish was stone cold). A large bowl of sauce was plonked on the table but unfortunately it didn't help make the fish taste any better.

With much hesitation I ordered a curry to take home for my husband only to have my husband say that the food was awful.

All in all OVERPRICED, SHODDY SERVICE AND AVERAGE FOOD!!! I won't be going back there any time soon.

Jaymini Vora