Albannach

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

I ate at the Albannach yesterday at 8pm with a friend and her mother. We had a 50% of discount due to booking via tripadvisor so as a result of that it worked out as about £10 per head without drinks so in that respect it was great value for money but I don't think I'd go again...

The service was quite slow although on the plus side they were attentive to my allergies. We had to wait for 10 minutes after the time we'd booked for at the bar which had no seating areas left to then be taken to a table that had been free all along. The choice of food was simple but traditional. Just what had been advertised and not too expensive even without the discount for trafalgar square and the flavour wasn't amazing but was agreeable I had the haggis followed by the duck salad (duck was a bit over done but the fish and chips was according to my friend, delicious). The bill came quickly and there wasn't too much of a wait between courses.

All in all a good night out but not as exceptional an experience as I was lead to believe by time out and reviews.

Friday, August 31, 2012