Albannach

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

I ate at the Albannach yesterday at 8pm with a friend and her mother. We had a 50% of discount due to booking via tripadvisor so as a result of that it worked out as about £10 per head without drinks so in that respect it was great value for money but I don't think I'd go again...

The service was quite slow although on the plus side they were attentive to my allergies. We had to wait for 10 minutes after the time we'd booked for at the bar which had no seating areas left to then be taken to a table that had been free all along. The choice of food was simple but traditional. Just what had been advertised and not too expensive even without the discount for trafalgar square and the flavour wasn't amazing but was agreeable I had the haggis followed by the duck salad (duck was a bit over done but the fish and chips was according to my friend, delicious). The bill came quickly and there wasn't too much of a wait between courses.

All in all a good night out but not as exceptional an experience as I was lead to believe by time out and reviews.

Friday, August 31, 2012

We came early Saturday evening (5.45pm) for the 50% offer and really couldn't fault it. Cocktails were very nice, service was attentive. We were seated downstairs and I felt if we had been any later I would have wanted to be upstairs as the atmosphere definitely turns towards being a bar after 7pm.

The haggis starter was very good and the gravy just superb. I would have preferred it to be a little hotter. Fishcake small plate was commented to be full of fish. I had the chicken for main. I don't normally order chicken in restaurants but this was stated as free range and a 25 minute wait so I was expecting good quality. And I have to say that it was very nicely cooked, not dry at all and very tasty considering it was "just" roast chicken. I would have liked the garlic mayonnaise to be more garlicky. My sister said that her ribeye was cooked to perfection and the whisky peppercorn sauce out of this world. The chips were very nice too, a little thin for my preference but definitely not fries. We couldn't manage pudding as I was full, the portion sizes are quite generous.

We had a query with the bill and the 50% was not deducted but this was rectified very quickly amidst apologies.

I would have no problem recommending.

Sarah - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Had a fantastic meal at Albannach last night, soooo tasty and excellent service from Kalina. We also got 50% off the food which made it a very affordable enjoyable experience

Marie - View all reviews by this user