Arthurs

The Green, Twickenham, London, TW2 5AB - View on a map

My husband and I came to Arthur's on a whim after recently moving into the area. All I can say is that this is by far one of the best restaurants we have ever been to. The decor and atmosphere is lovely - really unique and cosy. The service was particularly excellent, we were served by a bubbly, friendly girl who was attentive and told us all about their film nights every Sunday, which we will be booking in for very soon. The highlight of the evening was the food - fat, juicy tiger prawns in a gorgeous garlic butter for myself and home made chicken liver pate with red onion marmalade for my husband. Both dishes were absolutely perfect. My main course was a fillet of steak with peppercorn sauce, mushrooms, tomatoes and amazing chunky chips. It was cooked to perfection, and a serious contender for one of the best steaks I have ever had. My husband had Arthur's fishcake, which was recommended by the waitress, and has since told everyone who will listen how lovely it was. Though we were very full after all the wonderful food, we managed to share one of the pavlova meringues, which was covered in passion fruit, berries, cream AND ice-cream. Paired with two glasses of their lovely dessert wine, it was a perfect end to a perfect evening. Though it was a lovely evening for my husband and I, there were other larger parties in who seemed to be having an equally lovely time, and so I would recommend this restaurant to groups of friends as well as couples. We are coming back to try the breakfast on Saturday!

Sarah