Rodizio Rico (Islington)

77-78 Upper Street, Islington, London, N1 0NU - View on a map

Rodizio Rico (Islington) Restaurant In London

I don't know why other people were saying bad things about this restaurant. I was worried when reading the reviews because at that point I had already paid a deposit for a group of 20 people. As it happens the service was excellent, the food good, the bbq kept coming very often and we had a wonderful time. Only a couple of friends mentioned their beef being tough but most of us found it very delicious.

Karime
Thursday, December 19, 2013

Tonight I broke up with Rodizio Rico.

We'd not been for a few years but I remembered my first few times fondly. Since then, the London street food scene has absolutely exploded and I can get a far superior meal in a once abandoned carpark in Hackney or Shoreditch for a fraction of the price but it was a special occasion so we gave it another shot.

We visited tonight for my birthday and I was giddy like a school kid when the other half told me thats where she was taking me.

Noticed straight away that the BBQ had jumped from £18 last time I went to £25 now.

Salad bar - well really who cares. You're not here for that! It was however, and the Lasagne was as righteous as I remember. Crumbed bananas (definitely were not plantains) were spot on.

Then came the meat. LOTS of sausages. It seemed like a constant stream of sausages. Pork and Chicken tonight. Both were great. Beef was thin on the ground though. One very tough skirt steak did the rounds which looked great but was tough as leather. I had to give up on chewing a few mouthfuls and spit them out. Not ideal!

Another course announced as 'beef neck' was better, but the overall feeling was they weren't seasoning their cuts much and the meat was of a poor standard. Chicken hearts - we passed. Lamb - very dry. Pork loin - VERY dry.

£65 for 2 for BBQ, a beer and a wine, with a 10% service charge. Left feeling full but sad that it was to be the last time we'd be coming back. Service very much a case of bringing you a drink then leaving you to it. Nobody concerened with the experience or wether we were enjoying ourselves. No second drink offered. No beers on tap either.

I was also surprised to see the restaurant half empty at 7.30pm on a Friday night. Good luck Rodizio Rico!

Paul Harding
Saturday, September 07, 2013

Meat quality is terrible. Service adequate, not enough time servicing meat and they think because they serve it on a skewer they can take their time. Just hand the god damn meat out...

Saturday, April 13, 2013

I am really sad to say but will not be going back there even though the food is so good :(

I took my partner and his mum there for Easter Lunch and before booking confirmed that I have both the Groupon vouchers, which was ok. As we arrived on the day we got stopped at the door - asked for the vouchers, then the manager was called, so he can scan them on his Iphone, that didn't work, another waiter chipped in to do that. Good 10 mins later we finally were seated, then we waited more for drinks order to be taken. When I ordered Strawberry caipirinja - was told straight it is not included in my vouchers - i didnt ask if it was or not, then the waitress walked off and never returned, by then i went to ask the "Manager" whats going on - he then said they checked the website in regards my vouchers!!!! I just could not believe - if i knew any of this would hapen - would have just paid the full price and avoid the embarrsment.

End of the day - the food is really good - but do not go there with vouchers as you will be treated as an idiot. Would never recomend this place to anyone.

sabine
Tuesday, April 02, 2013

I had to write this review as I've read the others for this restaurant and branch and I don't know what restaurant THEY were eating at. I've been to this branch probably 5 times and each time it's been amazing!

We last went a week ago on a thursday on the lunch menu so the price was absolutely fantastic. Admittedly, the price on a saturday or sunday at peak times is quite a bit but still worth it. I've been in a group of 15, a group of 4 and many times as just my partner and I.

Each time the food is amazing although last time they didn't have any chips in the buffet (which my partner likes) and out of the whole meal there was only two bites which were too tough to eat. At the end of the day, if you're going to be eating lots of different types and cuts and cooked meats, you're gonna get a tough bit!

Anywho, very recommended, especially at lunch times during the week (although there is not that much atmosphere as it's not usually busy at that time.

Chris
Friday, November 16, 2012

I've been to this restaurant several times before and had great experiences so booked my birthday and leaving party at this venue last night. The day before I told a Brazilian friend I was planning a party there and she told me to avoid it at all costs as it was common knowledge it had gone downhill. It was too late to change the booking so I went ahead with the plan. I had originally booked for 22 but rang early yesterday to advise them the booking had changed to 15. 4 people were late turning up so the maître d’ came over and TOLD me we had to move so he could seat more people. I assured him that my friends were coming, they had all text to say the tubes were messed up so they'd be late. He then shouted at me in front of everyone saying, "well they're not here are they, I want the table back". Everyone was gobsmacked. At the end of the meal they overcharged us by £50 and it took a long argument before they admitted their mistake. And no apology. The meat ran out half way through the meal, they've packed more people in than usual so you couldn't move and the salad bar was inaccessible at times. The meat was poor quality and overcooked. I've had better treatment and food in a McDonalds. This is without a doubt the worst dining experience I've ever had.

Kizzi