Patara (Soho)

15 Greek Street, Soho, London, W1D 4DP - View on a map

Patara (Soho) Restaurant In London

We didn't book but walked in and asked for a table for 4. He said that they were busy but if we were out within an hour we could have a table so we agreed. We were rushed all the way through and moved off our table swiftly. We had to finish our drinks at the reception and our table was still vacant when we left and as we walked by the window we saw several other tables available in the restaurant and downstairs was empty. The customer service was awful and we all felt rushed. The food was nice but the atmosphere and staff were awful. Would not go back as you could find a similar restaurant for cheaper with pleasant staff within walking distance.

gina
Sunday, November 24, 2013

I went as part of a large group (over 40 people), and the menu had already been chosen, so basically we ate whatever was put in front of us. The food was actually good, the fried fish and the lamb cutlets being the highlights for me. However what upset me and a lot of the people in our group was a £3 service charge on every bottle of wine we ordered. Nowhere did it state on the menu about a service charge, and as we were expected to pay immediately for each bottle we ordered, it was questioned by everyone. The explanation for the charge wasn't suitably explained, but the waitress didn't have great English. As just the small part of the group I was with ordered more than seven bottles of wine, the £3 charge added quite a nice bit of extra cash to the restaurants coffers. A ridiculous charge, and one that has put me off going back there.

Marcus
Friday, December 14, 2012

The food is OK but it is rather a bland restaurant for the money. The tables are close together and, in spite of the oriental decoration (except for the industrial 'toliet' sign outside the loos), it has little character.

The service is adequate but you feel that they don't really care - they got bolshie with us when the other members of the party didn't arrive on time, and managed to tip a glass of beer all over me without doing more than replacing it.

Would I go again? No, I would head for Wagamama's for half the price or find somewhere that had a bit of character.

James - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, November 24, 2012

I don't very often wrote reviews on restaurants, but really felt i needed to with Patara. I had read a few reviews that said the place was ok and that portions weren't amazing but the food was very good.

The food was amazing, from the starters to the main right up to the very best dessert I've had in a Oriental restaurant before. The portion sizes were spot on, we had very happy bellies after the meal.

The service was perfect, they really couldn't do enough for you and they gave you enough time between courses, to relax and get ready for the next course.

I will be going back and highly recommend this place.

Kara Voyce