Patara (Soho)

15 Greek Street, Soho, London, W1D 4DP - View on a map

Patara (Soho) Restaurant In London

We didn't book but walked in and asked for a table for 4. He said that they were busy but if we were out within an hour we could have a table so we agreed. We were rushed all the way through and moved off our table swiftly. We had to finish our drinks at the reception and our table was still vacant when we left and as we walked by the window we saw several other tables available in the restaurant and downstairs was empty. The customer service was awful and we all felt rushed. The food was nice but the atmosphere and staff were awful. Would not go back as you could find a similar restaurant for cheaper with pleasant staff within walking distance.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

I went as part of a large group (over 40 people), and the menu had already been chosen, so basically we ate whatever was put in front of us. The food was actually good, the fried fish and the lamb cutlets being the highlights for me. However what upset me and a lot of the people in our group was a £3 service charge on every bottle of wine we ordered. Nowhere did it state on the menu about a service charge, and as we were expected to pay immediately for each bottle we ordered, it was questioned by everyone. The explanation for the charge wasn't suitably explained, but the waitress didn't have great English. As just the small part of the group I was with ordered more than seven bottles of wine, the £3 charge added quite a nice bit of extra cash to the restaurants coffers. A ridiculous charge, and one that has put me off going back there.

Friday, December 14, 2012