103 Hampstead Road, London, NW1 3EL - View on a map

Mestizo Restaurant In London

Things of note about Mestizo: wonderful margaritas! Best I've had in London in a long time. The service was also pleasant and attentive enough. The food on the other hand was mediocre at best. Even my local cinema does better nachos! The guacamole was a green watery mush with onions in it that looked like they were chopped with an axe. The decore can only be described as "uncosy". You can't help but feel exposed in this large open plan dining room kind of space, with huge windows and no view.

Not. Going. Back.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mestizo is by far the most authentic Mexican restaurant in London. I've been a fan of Mestizo since they opened 8 years ago. My absolute favourite are the flautas which I recommend to everyone to have!

Also, Mestizo offers various gastronomic festivals throughout the year which is great because you can try loads of new stuff during the tamales, enchiladas festival, etc.

For main dishes the molcajete mestizo is an absolute must! It's delicious and perfect to share.

JGoRice - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, March 28, 2013

Disgusting service, the staff are totally rude and seem to have no training or skils when it comes to customer service. The food is nice but no food is that nice to put up with that kind of service. They all need firing.

Chanelle Vidal
Friday, March 22, 2013

I went last night and the molcajete was excellent. The service at Mestizo is very professional and the staff are friendly and make you feel at home.

Brian Lannon
Thursday, March 21, 2013

Went to Mestizo last night with my girlfriend for our anniversary, I lived in Mexico for a year teaching so I had quite high expectations but the restaurant was recommended by one of my mexican students. Contrary to other reviews we had excellent service, though maybe they've wised up! they even had a seperate tequila menu, waitress took time to recommend a nice drink, the waitress also realised my girlfriend was wheat intolerant and bought a special menu. The food was nicely prepared, generous portions, and mostly pretty authentic. especially the tamales, which could have been out of a market in downtown mexico city. On the other hand was slightly disappointed with the cuilacoche and nopales (corn mushroom and cactus) - just didn't have that much flavour but hey - guess it's gotta be shipped from somewhere. All in all a very nice experience with real mexican staff (I checked) and reasonable prices.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tamarind and Thyme

Tamarind and Thyme

Saturday, August 10, 2013 - From the hot buffet, we tried a bit of everything...Green chile chicken enchilada, a dried pork dish, stewed beef, chicken in a cream sauce, rice and beans, a tamal with beans, and an empanada with peppers and cheese. The stewed dishes were alright but I loved the simplicity of their beans and their enchilada was excellent. The tamal was delicious but oh so heavy...It was a great brunch with a very good varied spread of typical and not so typical Mexican dishes and as it wasn’t too busy that day, they were fine with us lingering past the two hour limit.