Fire & Stone

31/32 Maiden Lane, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 7JS - View on a map

Fire & Stone Restaurant In London

Went here last night for a small birthday celebration for my daughter's 5th birthday last night. This place is awful. It all looks very cool but that's about as good as it gets. We ordered a bottle of wine. The waiter just went ahead and poured without offering a taste first. I hate that. I ordered the "Cape Town" pizza and it was absolutely awful. Was supposed to be a pepperoni pizza with GROUND beef and chilies. It came topped with the most bland pepperoni ever, and BLOBS of what I assume was beef dolloped here and there. It was chewy and tasteless and arrived luke warm. There was no seasoning whats so ever on it. I only ate it as I couldn't bare to ruin my daughther's birthday meal. On that note the waiter brought the wrong meal for my daughter. My wife and I were half way through by the time hers arrived. Her meal was also awful. My daughter is not a fussy eater believe me, I've never seen her leave anything but I didn't blame her in this case. Her meal was basically some dry tubes of pasta with the same chewy, tastless BLOBS of meat I had on my pizza.

As for the service well that stinks. Twice a waiter came over to us with someone else's order. I ordered an ice cream for my daughter and mentioned it was my little girl's birthday and could they please put a candle or sparkler in it. Of course it arrived without either. Then halfway through the waiter came over and plonks a lit candle in the middle of her ice cream. My daugher didn't know what was going on. The waiter walked away, the candle fell into her ice cream and I had to fish out a lit candle from her ice cream.

Then the bill arrives with the "optional" 12.5% tip. I paid by credit card and the "optional" tip was already added to the total when the waiter handed me the credit card machine. And finally to top off a wonderful experience my wife went to the ladies toliet only to find that out of the three cubicles, one didn't have a working light, the other had no toilet tissue and last but not least the 3rd was dirty. That was the final straw and we complained to the front desk. My daugther was given a cheap balloon by way of compensation. Seriously this place should be shut down. Avoid it at all costs!!!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Terrible service. Cannot say anything about food, as we didn't get any. Place has a child menu, therefore we assumed that it is child friendly. Hostess showed us downstairs to the table with 4 chairs, each chair opposite side of the table. We asked to be seated to the table with adjusting sofas, as it is quite difficult to control 3 year old child then he seats on a separate chair opposite to you, but he is too big for high chair. Hostess refused to seat us on that kind of table, although the restaurant was half empty and there were at least 8 free tables with sofas. I am very disappointed as administration showed no compassion at all!!! This place is not child friendly, don't know why they do kid's menu. Won't go there again.

Ana
Friday, August 24, 2012

Extremely disappointed! Pizza was awful and no atmosphere!

Tatyana Sibthorpe
Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ate at Fire & Stone near Covent Garden for the first time yesterday after being handed a 2 for £12 flyer near Covent Garden market.

Air-con was a little high, the restaurant was cold despite being busy!

Ordered the current special pizza, The Pembroke which features lamb, roast potato, butternut squash, gravy and mint sauce and it was amazing! Reasonable amount of meat, nice flavours just a really great different approach to pizza. The base could of been a tiny bit crisper but was good.

Service was fine, no complaints really.

Jon
Monday, March 19, 2012

The worst coffee I have ever tasted!

Jane Price
Sunday, February 19, 2012

Worst pizza I have ever eaten! Even their simple margherita tastes awful. Nice restaurant and decor, horrible horrible food!

Monday, January 02, 2012

We were at Fire and Stone Covent Garden last night on our staff night out and I have to say the night was amazing...

We booked the table at the very last minute (there was 16 of us) and the lady on the phone was so helpful and really went out of her way to get us a table.

When we arrive the restaurant was bursting with atmosphere. Every table was filled (which says alot about a restaurant of that size). We got a drink at the bar (staff were attentive and friendly) and were seated at our table within minutes. Service was fantastic, our waiter was very attentive (we are not an easy bunch) and was very patient with us.

Food was great. Everyone really enjoyed their meals and there were no complaints from anyone.

All staff were lovely and I can't wait to return. :)

Tuesday, December 20, 2011