Thai Square (Putney Bridge)

2-4 Lower Richmond Road, Embankment, London, SW15 ILB - View on a map

Thai Square (Putney Bridge) Restaurant In London

I have not only eaten regularly at the Putney Bridge restaurant but have also purchased many a take away too and had rated them highly in the past.

Recent takeaway however was a nightmare.

Food took longer than the 1 hour, yes 1 hour you heard correctly, that they say it takes to prepare and send the order, but it it also arrived cold, so sent it back and they brought back a hot order, minus the duck, pancakes and no duck, pointless! And now was over 2 hours after I had made the original order.

To top that off, Thai Square offered little good will other than 10% off my next order which is very pressumptious because they expect me to order with them again, which I will not be doing.

This is a premium take away, minus the premium service.

Had this happened in the restaurant I would not have paid, and to that end I will be disputing the transaction with my bank.

d
Sunday, November 23, 2014

Eat here last night and found the food bland and the prices exorbitant. You pay for fancy decor and atmosphere but the food was a big disappointment. Starters were tiny, bland (ribs and fish cakes). Pretty vegetable sculpture did not counterbalance the bland good. Pad thai was very bland indeed. Beef in black bean tasted like it came out of a jar, ditto vegetables in oyster sauce. All for £56 with one beer.

Friday, September 05, 2014

I had my birthday here and it was an incredible evening.

The staff are fantastic and extremely welcoming. They made the night what it was.

To start the evening we had cocktails at the bar which were outstanding(I would recommend the passion fruit martini). After the cocktail we were shown our table which was up stairs. The decor is fantastic and it felt like we were on a boat because the views give you a panoramic scope of the area which is right on the thames.

The food is a top score for me. I've been to thailand many times and the food here is as good as it gets. Everything is cooked to perfection considering we had a table of nearly 20. The staff handled us with no problems which is a surprise considering the size of the group.

All in all a wonderful experience and one I would recommend to anyone.

Scott