Asadal

227 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7DA - View on a map

Guardian

Jay Rayner

Sunday, April 28, 2013 - We start with a kimchi set, which is only one dish of fermented, chilli-spiked cabbage, alongside another of chilli-drenched cucumber and one of a crunchy root vegetable I fail to identify. It's three takes on the same flavour. Kang poong gi is a deep-fried chicken dish drenched in a sweet chilli sauce which tastes like every cheap plate of Chinese American food I've ever eaten. Bin dae duk are small, dull, crisp-shelled pancakes that have the virtue of having taken a bath in the deep-fat fryer. So far this Korean food is the holy trinity of salt, fat and sugar.

the restaurant was full of disappointment. Service. Bad. Food. Terrible. Portion was not tiny. The way they put the rice in the bowl was half empty. Every portion cost about 10pound. Have never disappointed on korean food this much. The barbecue was sliced badly i felt like i am having left over ones. I felt offended to eat. complained to the staff. Not in a fighting way but very defensive way of answering my questions. Such an attitude. Owner saw everything but just looking over and didn't want to join the conversation. Avoid at all cost. Terrible. Ah. I found spring onion on my plain bowl of rice. That wasn't the worst thing happened on the dinner. Very offended.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014