Banners

21 Park Road, Crouch End , London, N8 8TE - View on a map

I left most of my food as it was so badly cooked. How is it possible to mess up sausage and mash? Extremely overrated place that I desperately wanted to like, particularly because its kid friendly but virtually every other restaurant in crouch end has better food and is better value.

Monday, June 17, 2013

How can a place SO busy get it SO right every time .... food, atmosphere and service ALWAYS superb !!!!! ... May it last another 20 years! ... and THANKYOU !

Pip
Thursday, February 14, 2013

Dear me when Will people realise it is impossible to run a good restaurant from the isle of Mann. Used to be a top eatery top fun service fantastic food and great music. Returned to crouch end after 6 years absence to find things have gone seriously Pete Tong. All the above good points have turned extreme opposite. What a shame :-(

moose - View all reviews by this user
Friday, October 26, 2012

I literally love this place, I live in Muswell Hill and it's one of my favourite places to eat in the local area. As a vegetarian I feel so well catered for at this place. My husband loves the jerk chicken, we always rave about it to friends. Chris Martin (Coldplay) gave a shout out for Banners at Glasto (I think). I'm surprised by the negative comments, but each to their own. I have a friend who lives in Crouch End and always eats here too, she and her hubby also love it. It is great unpretentious filling food. Bore off moany people! :)

Cheryl Theodorou Abela
Wednesday, August 15, 2012

This place really needs to look at its food very, very carefully.

About 3 or 4 years ago you could rely on Banners for delicious, home cooked, wonderful food - now it's unifomally shocking. I mean, really bad.

The last few times I've visited I've sworn "never again" on the way out (I have so many fond memories from back in the day), but this time I mean it after yet another evening of burnt, bone-dry jerk chicken, cold platain, "medium" burgers that came to the table raw and countless other horrors.

I'm not sure if they've changed cooks, supplier, manager or all three, but something's gone badly wrong somewhere. Unfortunately it's still packed (presumably with people who are also giving it one last chance) so it means they'll keep on churning out poor, chewy, cold food until customer levels start to drop.

It's annoying to pay £8 for a bad meal. When you're approaching £15/£16 it's pretty insulting.

Ian Kemp