Vantra Vitao

25-27 Oxford Street, London, W1D 2DW - View on a map
Telephone: 07793 950731

our review

Vitao has teamed up with Vantra to open a new vegan restaurant at the Tottenham Court Road end of Oxford Street. (Vitao's Wardour Street restaurant is now closed).

December 2013

Found this place by accident whilst looking for a pre theatre meal. Brilliant! Food was lovely, staff were friendly and relaxed. Excellent value at £8.99 for all you can eat. Have booked it for 12 of us to eat there on Thursday prior to going to see Bourgeois and Maurice at the Soho Theatre. Will report back on how they do!

Alison Morris
Wednesday, December 28, 2011

There simply aren't words to describe the rudeness and aggressiveness of the staff. I left stunned.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Gone down hill price and service wise- I took a vegan friend there for Saturday lunch- but the only meal on offer was eat-all-you-like for £8.90- we really didn't want a massive buffet and we also wanted cake (not included in buffet, costs £4.50 each), so we asked if, as a favour we could just have a single meal- like they do in the week- the guy refused even though we were the only people in the whole place and had been so for half and hour. Also, he could barely speak English, took 15 minutes to make a cup of coffee and his colleague brought our cake (£4.50 each) in plastic take away containers even though we were eating in. The meal ended up costing £16 each and, apart from the company of my lovely friend and the food-still good- was just depressing.

I remember when the place first started and although it was always pretty expensive you felt like you were being served by people that were actually involved (maybe were vegan themselves) and understood (or maybe had enough power in the company to be allowed to understand) customer service. Now it just feels like another crap, inflexible, unhosptable profit-grabbing business employing untrained staff who are probably really badly paid.

I am a vegan and would love to say I'll go back just to support them but I probably won't. I really hope that this feedback somehow gets back to the business and they change their practice, cos I'd rather see change than a vegan restaurant go under.

L