Elephant Walk

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

I went as part of vegetarian week and was excited about the Thali plate of 10 vegetarian samplers on a plate with rice. It took a while for the waitress to take our order but she was pleasant enough. I ordered a glass of Prosecco from the menu and was told they no longer did it. I ordered the Thali and was told it was part of a vegetarian week special menu. She brought our drinks and starters and cleared our plates. When the mains came the waitress explained that they'd run out of the Thali that I'd ordered and instead she had brought lamprie for me which is a dish containing fish and chicken in a banana skin - she didn't come back and tell me it wasn't available or check with me if I'd wanted it and just went ahead and got it as an alternative. It was such a waste of food because I clearly couldn't eat it. I then heard her arguing on the phone with the kitchen about why it was being sent back - she tried to keep it quiet but it was all a bit unnerving. I picked at a side dish waiting for my main to arrive while my dining companion ate his dinner. We ate at different times so it wasn't exactly a dining experience. I certainly wouldn't go back and I wouldn't recommend it to friends. It could have been an off day but I'm not willing to risk it again.

Lucy
Monday, May 28, 2012

Love the food

Took the kothu string hoppers, love this sri lankan speciality. It's kind of a sri lankan pancake or something.

Took a Sri Lankan beer.

My brother loved his chicken Buryani. Not expensive for a London restaurant.

alexis
Saturday, March 10, 2012

Very friendly place with good food.

David S
Thursday, February 23, 2012

I ate here with my wife using a Groupon Voucher. I live 5 minutes form this place so was familiar with the location. It was near impossible to reserve a table. They blocked out most times and only left undesirable times for the Groupon voucher holders.

As soon as I walked inside this place the service was terrible. We had to wait for menus, for drinks and for explanations of the menu.

I ordered a coke as a drink. It was flat, they didnt offer to replace it and they charged me for it. I was very disappointed by this considering I left 3/4 of the glass.

The food wasn't too bad, however my wife didnt like it all as her meal was hot on the outside and cold in the middle, symptom of a microwaved dish.

I'm sure this was a poor example of a Sri Lankan dining experience, however I dont think I'll gamble on trying another one.

Richard