Petersham Nurseries

Petersham Nurseries, Church Lane (off Petersham Road), Richmond, London, TW10 7AG - View on a map

Petersham Nurseries Restaurant In London

Telegraph

Zoe Williams

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - D had a rare prime beef fillet, with lenticchie, red onion and summer girolles. He said the beef must have been hung for about 200 years; it was so mature it barely needed any more than searing, the taste purely, profoundly meaty, at the same time preternaturally light. The girolles were exquisite. I had the trout with salsa verde and young English lettuce, which reminded me of things adults ate when I was a kid, whole great fish with the head cut off, beautifully scorched skin, slippery, fresh, peachy flesh, and a bit of greenery from the garden to show a healthful attitude. I can't think of a way it could have been better.

Metro

Marina O'Loughlin - 3/5

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - At first, we're powerless to resist its charms. But after being ignored, we're left with the distinct impression that they feel they're doing us the most enormous favour. Main courses, when they finally arrive, are also excellent: a slab of pearly halibut with borlotti beans and - I think - freekeh grains, plus whole datterini tomatoes that burst their sunshiney sweetness over the dish...If I want bucolic, I'll head for the countryside with a picnic, saving myself approximately 150 quid on our lunch. And I'll leave lovely Petersham to the panama hats and rust-coloured trousers.

+ Show more critic reviews

No readers reviews yet.
Why not be the first and enter our competition to win a bottle of champagne.
Click here to write your review.