805

805 Old Kent Road, London, SE15 1NX - View on a map

My wife and I visited the restaurant on a Saturday and was promptly seated, which was nice. The host/front manager could have been more welcoming but nevertheless we had a nice and comfortable seat.

I had to motion for service and the waitress was polite and attended to us as quickly as she could since it was a busy Saturday night.

Once our order was taken, Our drinks and food came quickly all at the right time. Only one sour point for me which was a speck in my main dish that didn't belong.

Overall, I would visit it again.

Gbenga
Saturday, March 15, 2014

Nice one 805, keep up the good work, i will be coming back soon for some delicious grilled fresh fish.

JayN - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I visited the restaurant yesterday with my son as a treat. The food was nice and presentable. But the waiters service need to improve greatly as it took so long to get the food to us as they seems to rush from one table to the other. In the end, we called another waiter to bring our food. Overall, the atmosphere was okay.

Nikki Samuel - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, January 11, 2014

We had a table for 10 booked at 805 Restaurant. I had heard so much about the place but I had never been so I was a bit unsure of what to expect. I must say when we arrived I was blown away by the interior of the place. Delightful. Not your typical Nigerian setting. Sorry to say. Fantastic ambience.

Anyway we were greeted and sat at our table. Food came out relatively quickly after we ordered. The starters were fantastic. Beef Suya on sticks, sizzling mixed grill, fish pepper soup (Yom Yom). Mains course was unbelievable. Giant tiger prawns on a sizzling plate with fried rice.

Money well spent. This I most say is the best Nigerian Restaurant in London. Believe me I have been to many.

We will Definately be going back.

I recommend to all.

Akin Philips
Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Attended the eatery Wednesday the 24th July 2013, after being seated the waitress soon took our order. This was the end of the service. We ordered two starter and five mains, anyone did think this was simple enough.

One start came and four mains was delivered. I understand it's an African eatery, but kitchen ought to know starters are before mains. Ok, after five minutes of wondering where indeed my starter had gone, I asked and eventually it turned up mysteriously cold anyway. My assorted meat, was cow skin and intestine and a one bone without meat. I swiftly called the waitress and challenged this and she went to the kitchen and came back with the actual meat on a sauce plate. The catalogue of errors was to continue, as our mum waited for her main for over 45mins, when I eventual told the waitress, she said she was seeing to it. The waiting continued, and continued. I approached another waitress after 20mins, same response. After a further 25mins I challenged the first waitress at which point she responded she had advised the kitchen. At this point our aged mum and my two year old had become tired, eventually the pounded yam and okoro turned up, showing Severe signs of lack of care and the waitress delivered it without a word of apology, the poor 83year old told her to pack it in a container as she was no longer interested in being around the establishment.

I demanded the bill with it as the evening had become an embarrassment. I had frequented this establishment from it's conception when it was just one unit up till now, the service has seen a steady decline, However today's service was the WORST service ever received, such a let down only goes to reinforce people's perception that it has now out grown it's self, and it is on a downward slide. Indeed I am forced to AGREE. How else can it be explained that food is paraded in the restaurant looking for the owners, tables remain unclean long after the customers have left whilst staff parade past it as though they were in a catwalk parade. I guess the moral is I and my fellow people are being told to take our custom elsewhere. Even to the end, the waitress was more interested in collecting the money, she couldn't might a simple word of APOLOGY. What a Shame, I guess you can't buy CLASS, and even if taught the recipient must possess the ability to appreciate and embrace it. The fact is if it's possible to rate a place lower than poor, as SHAMEFUL, then they just had it.

Mr Macdonald
Thursday, July 25, 2013

As a Nigerian that has lived in the UK for a while, I must say that I am extremely proud of 805 restaurant on the Old Kent road. My experience on all the occassions I have visited either with small group numbers or large numbers, has always been a memorable one.

I am proud to see that a Nigerian restaurant is not only showcasing the amazing array of cuisine Nigeria has on offer, but an establishment that takes pride in the service it provides and how it provides it. No wonder it has featured on the BBC food programme on occassions, which to me speaks volumes.

This is a restaurant to be proud of, and one that I take my clients to, who are not African indegenes, but from various backgrounds such as Asia, Europe, etc. Their meal experiences have always been tremendous.

Weldone 805 and keep the flag flying.

Seyi
Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Simply abysmal! The customer service was chaotic and disorganised. I had gone there with a group of 24 and we were seated in the so-called “executive room” which really seemed like just another ordinary area to dine in.

We had booked the seats for 6pm - most of us were seated by then - but the first plate of food did not arrive until approximately 8.45pm with the last person in our group being served an hour afterwards. The waiting staff repeatedly asked the same members in our group what they had ordered and still managed to bring the incorrect dishes out. Orders of drinks took ages to come even though we were sitting right next to the bar.

My plate of food arrived on a chipped plate and I did not even get to finish the food as a waiter had taken away my plate without even asking if I had finished it.

This is definitely a restaurant I would not recommend, especially if you have pre-booked seats for a large party. The food, however, was decent (but not worth the wait) and well-presented but management should consider abolishing their service charge policy in the future if their current quality of service persists.

Dissatisfied Customer
Sunday, August 19, 2012

I have been to a few African Restaurant, 805 is just one of them. Its location is good and easily accessible. As one who always look for class, 805 passed my test.

Make sure you go there but with plenty of money - because like other African Restaurants, it is very very unnecessarily expensive. I think the price reflects the demand for its services: If you are looking for an upmarket Restaurant, 805 is where you need to be.

Ted Ukaegbu - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, June 24, 2012

Great West African food! Nice restaurant! The fish is to die for!

Niki
Sunday, February 19, 2012

Yes it's pricey but a restaurant feel does not come cheap. The food is always great no matter what you order. The staff members? The good ones make up for the not so desirable ones. Would I go back? I've been going for nearly ten years and would continue to do so.

Nike