L'Orient

L'Orient Restaurant In London

excellent

lee
Monday, May 12, 2014

I have been going to the L'Orient for some time and i have to say up until Saturday the 14/09/2013 the food and service has been excellent. My visit to the restaurant Saturday night 28/09/2013 was an absolute shambles. The food was absolutely disgraceful not to mention the presentation when served.

we had to wait over an hour for our starters which the waitress service was despicable.

Our main took over hour and half when served half our order was missing and our food was cold.

when we complained about our service we did not get any response from staff. Since new ownership have taken over this Restaurant the standards have gone down.

sorry to say we are not going there again ....

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Up until last night this was a restaurant we visited many times and really looked forward to going to as the food is fab.

Last night something went seriously wrong.

- We tried to order duck at 7:30pm - was told sold out.

- The service was disgraceful.

- We waited 2 hours for our starters!

- We waited a further hour for our main courses!

- A main course dish was missed completely.

- No apologies - staff didnt seem to care

- Waitresses cleared table and dropped food all over us and were not friendly at all.

- No attempt to put right what went wrong without us pushing them for it.

OVERALL WHAT SHOULD OF BEEN A REALLY NICE MEAL WITH FRIENDS TURNED INTO 4 HOURS IN THIS RESTAURANT - I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND L'ORIENT WHICH IS A SHAME AS USED TO TELL FRIENDS TO GO THERE.

D. S
Sunday, September 29, 2013

I"m reading these reviews after another incredible night at L"Orient after coming here on Saturday 20th July for my Mums birthday in a party of 13. The table was set impeccably and the attention of the staff was second to none as usual. We first came here in 2004 for our 1st wedding anniversary and will probably return on 30th August for our 10th anninerary.

I honestly think these terrible reviews are for another resturant. I had been so impressed by the food, service and attention to detail that it became a favourite haunt for lots of family birthdays, nights out with friends and even hosting work events there as I can always guarantee 100% perfection.

Don't let these negative reviews stop you visiting such a lovely place with great staff that have been there since the first day we visited because the owner is a really genuine kind man that would not allow shabby food or service on his premises.

Been there for valentines days, Christmas, taken the odd etc and I can honestly say I have never had a bad mouthful of food.

Ignore the below and go and have one of th best nights possible in Pinner village.

Sheila and Richard Evans
Saturday, August 03, 2013

I've lived in Pinner for many years and when L'Orient first opened it quickly became my favourite restaurant around and has remained that way to this day. The staff are always welcoming & friendly and the food is very good and is without all the extras that regular oriental restaurants seem to add, so sometimes the food appears to be lacking colour but means all the food is natural and tastes better for it.

Special events like new years eve etc are always great nights and worth a visit! and to top it off the home service is a great new addition although a few dishes don't travel so well but these are indicated on the menu so you have been warned but overall well worth a visit!

Barry
Friday, July 26, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for years because it is the only place where the service, food and atmosphere are equally excellent. Their menu at first glance seems unusual (choice by day) but you can order anything from any day, it is merely a suggestion. The only disappointment I had was on the last visit the waiter was uncertain how to make the duck roll in pancakes, so the head waitress helped make them and, as usual, they were perfect. Portions can be small but just ask for more (they are not offended), prices can be slightly high but, it is worth it !). The sea bass is to die for, as are the dim sum. If you want perfection on a plate - visit.

Allen
Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Have always had great food and uninterupted evenings, both business and social.

One of the best run restaurants around, well done Alex.

Suker Shergill
Sunday, July 14, 2013

Possibly the worst food I have ever eaten at a restaurant. We were recommended this place by somebody who lives in the area and told us it was very popular and always busy and we should book ahead. The restaurant itself is lovely and has a lot of potential but I was worried as soon as I saw the menu - far too much choice! It's impossible to make so many dishes from so many different countries well. And I didn't understand the premise of ordering the food by days rather than by country - very odd. I thought I had chosen reasonably safely but my salmon teriyaki was 2 thin slices of salmon in a pale brown watery sauce, no sticky glaze, and for £10! My husband had to send back his lamb cutlets as they had a thick layer of gristle in the middle that was impossible to chew. Really disgusting. But nobody came to apologise or offer us anything. Our friends had a vegetarian curry which was average - the vegetables were overcooked, the sauce was too watery and there was so much chilli you couldn't taste anything else - perhaps that was the idea, to mask how bad the food is. If we had been alone we would have walked out but we didn't want to make a fuss in front of our guests. Will never set foot in there again and will certainly not be recommending.

Friday, May 24, 2013

Absolute JOKE!

Turned up with Sat night booking. Wife's birthday. Photographer on the door for some party that hired out a room was shouting at customers waiting to be seated. Bad start. Poorly trained staff. Little knowledge of etiquette or table waiting skills.

No atmosphere except for a few moody looking patrons who also seemed peeved off.

PLASTIC MENUS. ???

Food split not into countries but days of the week. Plus a 15% discount if you order from that day's sectoion - weird strange and stupid idea that de values the place.

Then, the main crux of it all.

The Manager tried to intimidate me - never going to work. Didn't introduce himself but walked over to our table and asked if he knew me?? VERY ODD.

Ordered the Australian Chardonnay. Waitress (rude girl who enjoyed rolling her eyes at every request - such as asking for the menu).

She brought over the wrong bottle - when I pointed this out, she rolled her eyes again and said they didn't have that one but this was also Australian Chardonnay, my point was that it wasn't the one ordered. When I asked for the menu again and selected another bottle - S.African Chenin Blanc, she brought the same bottle over again.

By that point we walked. Evening ruined..... pretentious pile of rubbish.

We will never go there again. Apparently there was a change in management recently - It will not remain open.

Danny Cohen
Monday, March 04, 2013

I have to admit I have never set foot in a L'orient restaurant, so I cannot review what it is like to eat in. However, I have had the takeaway option from L'orient over three times and each time I was delighted with the quality and taste of the food. The delivery could have been a bit speedier but I felt that I enjoyed the food enough to overlook this shortcoming. Overall, from reading other reviews and thinking of my own experience, I would recommend not eating in the restaurant but taking advantage of their takeaway option.

Tuesday, October 09, 2012