L'Orient

L'Orient Restaurant In London

excellent

lee
Monday, May 12, 2014

I have been going to the L'Orient for some time and i have to say up until Saturday the 14/09/2013 the food and service has been excellent. My visit to the restaurant Saturday night 28/09/2013 was an absolute shambles. The food was absolutely disgraceful not to mention the presentation when served.

we had to wait over an hour for our starters which the waitress service was despicable.

Our main took over hour and half when served half our order was missing and our food was cold.

when we complained about our service we did not get any response from staff. Since new ownership have taken over this Restaurant the standards have gone down.

sorry to say we are not going there again ....

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Up until last night this was a restaurant we visited many times and really looked forward to going to as the food is fab.

Last night something went seriously wrong.

- We tried to order duck at 7:30pm - was told sold out.

- The service was disgraceful.

- We waited 2 hours for our starters!

- We waited a further hour for our main courses!

- A main course dish was missed completely.

- No apologies - staff didnt seem to care

- Waitresses cleared table and dropped food all over us and were not friendly at all.

- No attempt to put right what went wrong without us pushing them for it.

OVERALL WHAT SHOULD OF BEEN A REALLY NICE MEAL WITH FRIENDS TURNED INTO 4 HOURS IN THIS RESTAURANT - I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND L'ORIENT WHICH IS A SHAME AS USED TO TELL FRIENDS TO GO THERE.

D. S
Sunday, September 29, 2013

I"m reading these reviews after another incredible night at L"Orient after coming here on Saturday 20th July for my Mums birthday in a party of 13. The table was set impeccably and the attention of the staff was second to none as usual. We first came here in 2004 for our 1st wedding anniversary and will probably return on 30th August for our 10th anninerary.

I honestly think these terrible reviews are for another resturant. I had been so impressed by the food, service and attention to detail that it became a favourite haunt for lots of family birthdays, nights out with friends and even hosting work events there as I can always guarantee 100% perfection.

Don't let these negative reviews stop you visiting such a lovely place with great staff that have been there since the first day we visited because the owner is a really genuine kind man that would not allow shabby food or service on his premises.

Been there for valentines days, Christmas, taken the odd etc and I can honestly say I have never had a bad mouthful of food.

Ignore the below and go and have one of th best nights possible in Pinner village.

Sheila and Richard Evans
Saturday, August 03, 2013

I've lived in Pinner for many years and when L'Orient first opened it quickly became my favourite restaurant around and has remained that way to this day. The staff are always welcoming & friendly and the food is very good and is without all the extras that regular oriental restaurants seem to add, so sometimes the food appears to be lacking colour but means all the food is natural and tastes better for it.

Special events like new years eve etc are always great nights and worth a visit! and to top it off the home service is a great new addition although a few dishes don't travel so well but these are indicated on the menu so you have been warned but overall well worth a visit!

Barry