China Tang at The Dorchester

The Dorchester Hotel, 53 Park Lane, London, W1K 1QA - View on a map

China Tang at The Dorchester Restaurant In London

I just got back from dinner at China Tang at the Dorchester .

It was a lovely evening. The ambience was very classy and not too noisy. The service was excellent, very attentive throughout -our waiter gave us very good advice on dishes to order and the food when it came was well cooked and really tasty. We had a number of different dishes, the steamed sea bass with chilli was delicious, and the pepper beef to name but a few. I had the chocolate pudding for dessert which was really good. I will definitely be attending again, and would recommend it to friends.

Naveed Sethu
Monday, April 21, 2014

My husband booked this restaurant as a surprise after looking at reviews and recommendations as a pre valentines dinner. We dont often treat ourselves to a posh restaurant so I was really looking forward to it.

The atmosphere is pleasant with a 1930s feel which I really liked. We had cocktails in the bar area before dinner and they had a good selection of drinks.

However when it came to dinner I have to say how disappointing it was. The food was so average. We had some dim sum to start which was fine but nothing special after which I ordered bean curd dish with rice and my hubby ordered lobster tail at £42 and a prawn dish. The lobster was just ok and for the cost you would expect it to be amazing but it wasn't.

The desserts were slightly better but again nothing special and for a restaurant of this grandure and expense you expect much better.

The service was also nothing amazing very average not much attention to detail, they did not make any recommendations all of which you would expect.

Overall disappointing and would sadly have difficulty in recommending this restaurant to others.

Thursday, February 14, 2013