Bbar

43 Buckingham Place Road, Belgravia, London, SW1W 0PP - View on a map

Bbar Restaurant In London

The moment I entered the place, I was overwhelmed with their decor. The choice of lighting created a warm, welcoming ambiance and I wondered why I hadn't come here before.

Deep down I knew the food will not disappoint me. As this place has been on my wishlist ever since i was in India. Me and my friend are great food lovers and we do try the different places every weekend. last weekend was quite disappointing with the place we went, so in order to not to waste this weekend we decided to dine at BBar.

I must say, it has a very well laid out menu, They have an array of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes to choose from and staff is knowledgeable and warm. The service is pretty good too. I was told great things about their lobster dumplings so we decided to go first with that. The service was fast and soon our order was on the table, the lobster dumplings were amazing it was type of moist well seasoned supplied with spicy cream sauce. The sashimi platter was the one i would die for. My friend was fixed on the California rolls, they were soft and melted as you put them on your tongue.

BBar has got to be one of the best restaurants of the city. Cool, chic and relaxed, it is a non vegetarian's absolute delight.

I would recommend to make prior reservations as they will provide you with the best location they have based on the category that whether you are visiting with your friends, you are on a date, or with family. Do dress yourself formally/classy as it will not be odd else the casuals will be like the odd man in the crowd.

There is a separate parking area and a separate lift too for the BBar visitors that will take you straight to the entrance of the restaurant.

The ambiance will please you as its theme is quite unique in India... you will be welcomed by a group of men as soon as you are out of the lift.

The music that was being played was good and relaxing till 10 PM after that the pitch was raised and then you will not be able to control yourself swinging on the rhythm.

The staff was very well mannered and the manager helps you in placing the order. The manager also suggests you the type of wine that goes well with your order, i was very much pleased with this service as the wine is the only thing that creates a mess in my head when it comes to make the selection!!

The service here is quick and the stewards friendly.

The thing that was constantly attracting me was the bar location that was at the center of the place, having ample lighting that was reflecting the flavours which they serve.The closing time was approaching and then i realized that i had checked in late as my friend, she was in no mood to leave so early, ya i can say it was too early as the clock was ticking 1 AM and i had almost yawned twice! LOL!!

Can say as it highly priced, but it is worth every penny.

Claire
Monday, March 18, 2013

We found this place by accident when looking for some where to eat for my birthday in Victoria... and i would like to say .. what a wonderful place. we will defo be going there again.. great food, great staff who had a smile and a chat with you nothing was too much trouble. the place was clean and welcoming and i cant believe we missed this place the last few time we visited London. this is a mistake we wont be repeating... we enjoyed a visit here so much we even tip them and we never do this anywhere. price wise i would say is relatively average for London restaurants well worth the visit if your ever in Victoria.

jess harper