La Forchetta

73 Upper Street, Islington, London, N1 0NY - View on a map

La Forchetta Restaurant In London

I recently organized a surprise birthday party@ La Forchetta Angel for my partner and it was an excellent choice because the place felt intimate and cozy and easy to get to,exactly the atmosphere I wanted for our special evening.The staff was very friendly and professional right from the beginning and the food was fresh and tasty and at reasonable price.I would happily recommend this place.

NickyB - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, January 31, 2013

La Forchetta, this hidden gem on upper street took me and my partner by a rather pleasant surprise. Sad enough, that I dint get a chance to discover it earlier and had to suffer losuy italian food at other italian restaurants. However, La forchetta serves WOW italian food. I am pure food lover, and italian food is my top favourite. The restaurant offers a simple, yet such an appealing classic menu. We ordered three course menu, from the starters to the desserts, everything tasted fresh, healthy and authentic. The Tiramisu is to die for. Prompt and professional service and the bill will certainly not pinch your pocket. This restaurant in angel, made me feel like I was back in Rome for a holiday. WHAT A WHOLESOME EXPERIENCE, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My husband and I was the first time eating at la forchetta, the atmosphere is very cool, but the waiters unwelcome very strange and unfriendly attitude, he kept pushing us to order more food and alcohol and wandered around us talking and talking! overall the service makes you feel like you want to leave the place as soon as you can.

James
Wednesday, June 06, 2012

I came here on Saturday for a meal with 6 girls for my hen weekend in London. I must point out that I never normally give 10's out of 10, but our meal here was perfect in every way!

The food was delicious - I had king prawns (big and juicy) and a pizza benny from the wood-fired pizza oven. We were originally attracted in by the deal that was on offer- two courses plus glass of wine for £16 menu, but I would have paid much more for the standard and tast of food and overall experience.

Waiters were really obliging and very entertaining - plus they made a mistake with an order but instead of throwing it away they gave it to us as an extra starter!

Probably not the place for a quiet meal for two at the weekend - there were a couple of other big groups in at the same time as us which made for a lively atmosphere. Although maybe that was just becasue it was a Saturday.

Overall, I would definitely return here and would especially recommend it if you are celebrating something with a group :)

Kate
Tuesday, May 08, 2012

We had a beautiful table in a lovely position affording us views of arriving guests and most of the restaurant. The food was exceptional, particularly the Steak with that lovely sauce.We had the Amarone della Valpolicella Classico 2007 which I think is one of the best wines you can have. Outstanding desserts to complete a romantic and wonderful dinner. 10/10

Leon Lami
Friday, March 02, 2012

Well i was last year at la forchetta restaurant in upper street, and i did not like much!

I went last night and the place has changed, very tasty food,and the service just perfect as well the atmosphere very nice...

Elton