Faulkner's

424-426 Kingsland Road, Dalston, London, E8 4AA - View on a map

Well today being Friday 21/3/14 i thought fish and chips would be a good idea. After commenting to the lady behind the counter about the small portion of chips with my £8.10 lunch time meal, the man behind the counter preceded to tell me to not bother coming back and that they don't need my business. I asked, is it not ok to say that it is a small portion? to which he replied you don't have to come here. Before i left i told him i had been coming to his shop for seven years and felt discussed with his attitude. Once back in the office the fish was soggy and chips were hard. Very sad about the whole situation.

oscar
Friday, March 21, 2014

Soggy fish inside the batter, tasteless mushy peas, homemade tartare sauce (mayo mixed with diced gherkin). An off day maybe? I don't know but I used to love this place and was incredibly disappointed.

Saturday, November 09, 2013

My Family have been living in the area for the last 50 years, and Faulkner's was always "the fish shop" for our Saturday night dinner, tonight we after a long gap we all went to eat in their restaurant, and after reading the reviews here a simply cant agree with most of them, the lady serving we nice and prompt with the food, the food itself was great, the fish was nice and fresh and perfectly cooked the chips were perfect with the Faulkner taste (walnut oil i think). overall a very nice meal..

Mr R
Sunday, October 13, 2013

Used to be good years ago. Now with new management the fish is under cooked, cold and watery in the centre. They have fish bites in the take away menu which they always have none of. When I asked as to why they never have fish bites they say they order their fish fresh which doesnt make sense as fish bites are slices of fillet battered hence cook better being the reason why I ask for them as their undercooking is no joke. The guy who cooks the fish behind the counter is rude and has no idea of customer service and tries to belittle your complaint like he is never wrong. The chips are mediocre. Never going here again. Green lanes for my fish and chips now. The walk is worth it.

Saturday, October 12, 2013