Souk Medina

1a Short Gardens, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9AT - View on a map

Souk Medina Restaurant In London

I found this restaurant very average. When you walk in it's very dark. Decor is ok. We were sat downstairs at a table that was too low so our knees were knocking the table. I walked out of there with a backache as I had to keep leaning over to get my food. I felt like I was in someone's living room sitting roung their coffee table. Staff were irritating and the entertainment who was a belly dancer was average. We went for the Christmas set menu. The wine was ok and the starters were lovely (humous, pitta bread, tatzhiki, stuffed vine leaves, falafel and this lamb thing) however I was very disappointed with the main course which was a bowl of boiled chicken which was very average, cous cous and chickpeas. I thought it was costly here for what we actually got. I wouldn't rush back!

Friday, December 07, 2012

I dont understand people who dont like this place, Souk proved to be a nice experience again, not having been there since my birthday party a couple of years ago, I went again last week for my best friend hen party, we got pretty drunk but still managed to enjoy the belly dancer and the nice food.

The waiter who served us (Rashid) was very helpful and polite, although we forced him to dance with all of us.

We reserved a table downstairs in there private area, and we had the room for ourselves.

Paula robert
Friday, June 29, 2012

******BRILIANT*******

Great place I must say, for a first timer I was pretty amazed with how they managed to replicate to Moroccan experience, the food was tasty, I had the mixed fish tagine for main and the zaalouk for starter, service was rather satisfying with just perfect timing between the courses, which was perfect as we were hungry.

My husband went for the couscous with lamb, having been to morocco few times I must say that I was a little hesitant to go for this place as I did not want the nice images I kept of morocco in my head to be messed up in any way, I was rather pleased.

I recommend for anyone who wants to try something different, also for those who did not try yet the tasty Moroccan tagines, that is the place to go.
View/Add comments (1)

Helen warner
Tuesday, June 26, 2012

DREADFUL!!!!! Went for first time last night. I'll never be back. Way too expensive for very small portions rubbish reheated food (thank goodness they were small) and very weak cocktails. Do not go here. You have a choice. Spend your money somewhere else.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Souk Medina proved to be a fantastic venue for my birthday dinner. We were seated at the restaurant balcony - All 16 of us at the dinner were extremely pleased by the warm hospitality, prompt service and excellent ambience - which made my 26th quiet memorable. It was nice not being forced into a set menu. Another highlight of the day was the belly dancer who got everyone involved and by the end of the evening the staff joined us for the cake cutting ceremony (with an Arabic version of 'happy birthday' song being played in the background) - ahh Unforgettable! Highly recommend getting in touch with the manager - Samir if you are up for a grand.

vini
Friday, December 23, 2011

TERRIBLE!!!!! I can not express how terrible an experience I had at this restaurant on Saturday. The waiting staff were rude, we were served our mains 2 minutes after our starter and when we asked that they bring the food back we were told no! The food was therefore left on the table next to ours to get cold under the AC unit. We ordered the set menu but didn't receive all the dishes - the waitress appeared with the chip and pin machine while we were still eating and hadn't even considered getting the bill. I have eaten at Souk many times before but i would 100% discourage anyone from going there now. We were planning our work Xmas party there this year but that will not be happening now! DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY!!!!!

Amy
Monday, November 21, 2011

Really wouldn't recommend at all - this is the first review I've ever written about a restaurant! The service was very slow - it took half an hour for the starter to arrive (one order of naan!) and the main course was equally slow. This is partly my mistake but they don't mention that you need to order side dishes separately so what I effectively ordered was a bowl of luke-warm fatty lamb and it was pretty impossible to get hold of a waiter to ask for something to go with it once I had received it.

It was also very dark (was atmospheric to start with but when you can't see your food it's a problem!) - I think we may have been ignored because we had the tastelondon card so beware of that. Other tables around seemed to be being served just fine whereas we just felt ignored... Too expensive too. The only thing this place has going for it is its decor, otherwise avoid.

Friday, November 04, 2011