La Siesta

11 Bond Street, Ealing, London, W5 5AP - View on a map

La Siesta Restaurant In London

Just been for our latest visit to our favourite local independent restaurant, La Siesta. We've been more than a dozen times and never had a bad experience.

The food is excellent, loads of choice (including for veggies, unusually for a tapas place) and always freshly cooked and full of flavour. We've taken 'Spanophile' relatives who say it's the most authentic Spanish food they've had in the UK.

The service is friendly and the food always starts arriving quickly, although they bring dishes as they're cooked so it can take a while for everything to come - another authentic feature of the place!

We've learned to order the wines on the specials menu which are always good.

There's a lunch deal on weekdays, otherwise you need to make sure you don't get carried away ordering - we find 3 tapas per person is fine. But they'll pack up your leftovers for takeaway if need be.

My only criticism is that it often seems too quiet for a tapas place. Too many people getting sucked into the predictable chain restaurants on the same street I guess.

W7Catherine - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Service slow and confused. Had the Paella, looked and smelt a bit odd but the taste was even worse, I can honestly say it was the worst food I have had in a restaurant in my life, bland and stodgy the tiger prawns were like hot rubber and my two eating companions felt the same . As I was hungry I tried to eat some but soon gave up. We waited of an hour for it to be served. When I complained, the waitress tasted it and told me that's how it should taste and she liked it but offered us free drinks which we declined . She needs the job I guess.

The manager said normally people like it. This I can't believe. If you want good service and quality Spanish food you will not find it here.

Also when they tell you this review is from a jealous competing restaurant trust me I am a real customer.

Looking around places like this on the web I see I am not alone in my experience.

Lea Minshull - View all reviews by this user