Restaurant Michael Nadra

6-8 Elliott Road, Chiswick, London, W4 1PE - View on a map

Restaurant Michael Nadra Restaurant In London

City AM

City AM

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - My sister chose the Scottish fillet steak, which came in juicy pink slices accompanied by spinach, chips and a generous smudge of sweet onion puree. Chips were thick-cut, but as light and crunchy as thick-cut chips could ever be, and they made my sister swoon. Trusting Nadra's experience of four years perfecting his fish cooking, I went for grilled sea bass with buttered courgettes, saffron crab ravioli, basil and bisque sauce. Predictably, it was wonderful, the plump, buttery goodness of the fish and the supple and subtle ravioli proving a deep and lovely combination.

This Is London

Fay Maschler - 3/5

Thursday, April 15, 2010 - Elaborately conceived main courses risk inducing taste bud exhaustion. At the end of the marathon of roast cod with sauteed squid, spicy chorizo, piperade and gremolata plus olive oil mashed potatoes, the recipient's tongue needed to be wrapped in a foil blanket. Roasted rump of lamb with sauteed sweetbreads had only vegetables dancing in attendance and a rosemary jus...In restaurants we are not nourished by food alone. Nadra should direct some of his admirable energy into softening the surroundings and bringing them into line with an easy-to-achieve spend of 55 pounds a head.

It is over two years since the last review, and as this was my first visit, I don't know what, if anything, has changed.

We had the set lunch, which was delicious and well priced - two courses for £20. There is lots of choice. Lunchtime is not good for a tasting menu (no time is, in my opinion) but it looked excellent for an evening extravaganza.

The rose that we had was very tasty, and we managed to get tap water, much to the waiter's disappointment. My host is a regular, and loves the place, and I can see why. It is a calm street, and because it was pretty empty, we had a very enjoyable meal.

Two criticisms - piped music: oh dear! even when asked, it couldn't be turned off completely. And the service - if you want something done, ask a busy man. No one there but service slow albeit very friendly.

James - View all reviews by this user
Friday, February 21, 2014

London Eater

London Eater

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - This first dish, wow. Generous black truffle shavings sat atop a large pasta parcel perhaps two-thirds the size of my fist. The soup made from a medley of mushrooms. It had bags of flavour, the aromas hitting my nose were ethereal. Rich...Being that fish was Michael's previous USP, it was only natural we sampled some. Saffron is such a lovely ingredient no? It just adds a kind of cherubic fragrance to a dish, along with the sharp seafood flavour of the crab stuffed ravioli as well as the crab flavoured soup, it formed an alluring combo on the palate.