Imli Street

167-169 Wardour Street, Soho, London, W1F 8WR - View on a map

Imli Street Restaurant In London

Foodepedia

Foodepedia

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - Food here is light on the pocket but also light on the stomach with plates of tapas-style dishes that offer a variety of choice for your money and the chance to share...The Tilapia Amritsari, Tilapia fish in light batter and of gram flour, garlic and paprika was very good, the fish tasty and the batter crisp and light. The spicing sparky but mild. We liked the Papdi Chat, a real reminder of Indian street food with the cooling yoghurt against the tamarind, the crunchy wheat crisps and the healthy dose of bean sprouts.

Unfortunately, Imli St is a hectic, careless place with pseudo-Indian food that is peppery but devoid of taste. When I ordered lamb curry, I got precisely two small morsels of lamb in a large sauce. I did think the starter street foods were nice though, the crispy salad in particular.

HuSe - View all reviews by this user
Friday, February 21, 2014

My sister and I went to Imli for dinner last night and were incredibly impressed. ordered a fish curry, garlic naan, chickpea samosas and chicken wings. So impressive. We ordered another garlic naan midway through the meal and it arrived, freshly cooked when we needed it.

the samosas must be tried! came in a delicious mint raita, perfect mopped up with some naan.

fish curry was lightly spiced- delicate but flavourful.

with the 25% discount online the meal came to under £30- including a 10% service charge.

service was impecable, but the restaurant was quiet as it was a sunday

go go go!!

diana
Tuesday, February 21, 2012

i went to imli with few friends on the understanding that it would really good since it appeared on the master chef prog. We were very disappointed.it looked nothing like how it was presented on tv.curries tasted different but the mix tandoori grill for 2 was the biggest rip off I have ever witnessed.they charged us 31.50 for the mix grill which had 2 piece of small chicken,lamb,panneer and had ran out of lamb chops.the portions were very small by any standard and it was over priced for some basic food. Do not have the mixed tan. Grill . It wast first and will be my last visit.

Abdul shahid
Saturday, February 18, 2012

After seeing the restaurant on Masterchef we were looking forward to sampling the delights of Imli first hand.

Unfortunately the experience did not live up to expectations.

Whilst we ate our food (after starving all day in anticipation) we will not be visiting again.

There was nothing to dislike as such as the meal was the blandest Indian meal I have ever tasted and I counted (because i could) only 3 pieces of chicken in my main course.

On commenting to the manager on duty 19/1 we were told it was "our pallets" not the food and dismissed us rudely and walked away.

Will definately not be recommending or visiting again.

Friday, January 20, 2012