Blue Pacific

757 Finchley Road, Golders Green, London, NW11 8DL - View on a map

We looked at the star rating and booked a table for two.

The fried squid was too chewy, probably overcooked. The tom yum prawn soup was excessively sour.

The lady I guess was the owner or his spouse, was extremely pushy. She stopped twice at our table asking for us to order main course.

After the starters, the lady cleared one set of fork and spoon (who gives fork and spoon to eat oriental food!) and left the used set on my side.

The red chicken curry was bubbling in the bowl, it was prepared and microwaved. The curry paste was still in a lump form. The rice was dry lumpy and microwaved.

They had the audacity to charge 12.5% service.

My husband's politeness stopped me from making a scene.

M - View all reviews by this user
Monday, December 01, 2014

Their yam ring & chilli crab dishes are the best! However, you have to pre-order them before you go to the restaurant. The staff are friendly and very attentive. Prices wise they seem to be standard.

chefNN5
Monday, August 27, 2012

I have known the couple since they ran a restaurant in Hendon Central. I found the food delicous and authentic. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who would like to taste Malaysian food.

Elizabeth
Monday, May 07, 2012

Had my friend's birthday there recently, I have to say then food is amazing like always, most important that all my friends had a great time.

Ms Hao
Thursday, February 02, 2012

We went to this restaurant after reading the reviews. The food was average, service satisfactory but since we were a big family, and in the happiness of the family reunion no one really checked the bill (which was in chinese btw!). Upon getting home we realised we had been over charged by over £25! We called them up and they even agreed there could have been an "error" since they couldn't add up the numbers to the total bill, but they did not refund us the money!

The staff clearly saw that the whole family was enjoying talking to each other and were busy, they took advantage of the situation. The food is not bad, its average but make sure u double check the bill!!

Mrs Masters