Desperados (Greenwich)

33-35 Greenwich Church Street, London, SE10 9BJ - View on a map

This '''restaurant''' (if you can call it that) is one of the worst places I have ever eaten at. We got here and I asked my waitress of we could order, her response was 'I can't speak English I'll get someone else'. Straight away this annoyed me because how can you serve someone if you can't speak to them? I then ordered my food and told the manager it was a bit chilly because I could feel a draft as the door was open, he didn't know what I meant and started to comment on the chile con carne!!!! We ate and then waited for about 20 mins before I had to ask for a dessert menu, then we waited even longer and we're not asked what we wanted to order. They finally came over when we called them. The food was nice but the service was so unbelievably poor that I would never ever set foot in there again!! It was actually laughable how bad the service was.

Lou lou
Friday, March 27, 2015

I am customer of desperados restaurant. I have been so many times in desperados greenwich and desperados in angel. I really love the food. In relation qualify-quantify-price is really good. In fact there is a lunch menu for 9-10£ it is truly good and tastely. I have always had good experience until I went last week.

I was in desperados greenwich on Saturday 7th March. The man who attended us in the door, aparently he was the manager of the restaurant. He took our order afterwards. I asked him about lunch menu and he didn't even have idea about it. I have to get the lunch menu from the shop window by myself as he gave to us the regular menu. When we were ready to order we asked him questions about the menu (whether we can add and take off ingredients, or whether the plates are serving with fries) we had to ask three time because he didn't answer our question. He just wrote down. I think he didn't know about the menu.

At last we ordered our food (enchiladas, nachos and chicken wrap without pepper and adding another ingredients). When our food arrived, one of enchiladas came with vegetables on the top and the another one without, chicken wraps with pepper. We told him about the mistakes and he removed our plates of the table he didn't even say sorry, apologies. he didn't say any word. the service was truly horrible. I was twice in the restaurant (Greenwich) and my service was good. I have to say the manager was different. The new supposed manager was awful (bad service and bad communication) I think it was sad as it is a really good restaurant and food but the service don't give feel like to going.

Sara
Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Took my girlfriend to Desperados today. Neither of us had been before. Upon arrival we waited nearly 10 mins to be offered drinks our food orders were taken after a further 10 mins. Unsure of one of the dishes I asked the waitress to explain and she simply pointed to the menu. She had no people skills and didnt even make an effort to communicate. Meal was part of a deal which I had already paid in advance however they charged us a further £5 waiters charge.

Overall food average, service poor, and our experience means we wont be going back.

Peter