Gallipoli Bazaar

107 Upper Street, Islington, London, N1 1QN - View on a map

I visited Bazaar last Friday and we had a fantastic, unforgettable time.

Even though we did not book a table the fit us in and welcomed us with a smile (which doesnít happen very often in other restaurants).

We ordered a fried calamari (yummy), cheese pastry and babaghannuge to start with.

We were recommended by the waiter to order iskender, which was very tasty and moist. Iím definitely going to have it next time! You can also try King Prawns and Tagine dishes, which tasted fine.

It was very loud and warm in the restaurant, but I guess it is hard to find a quiet place on the Friday nite, but the place looked great and felt really cosy, loved the lamps hanging all around the restaurant!

Excellent food at reasonable prices Ė we will be going back!

Jessica
Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I used to live in Islington and the Gallipoli restaurants were always my favourite ones, visiting Gallipoli Bazaar after 5 years, I was amazed with the same quality of service and even better quality of the food,

I had Iskender and my partner had Bazaar special which is mixture of Kebabs and both of them were well presented and delicious...

The cocktail list was very good in price and origin, we tried mojito and cosmopolitan, the sugar was well balanced in mojito, which is A+

Although we weren't planning to have deserts, the staff offered us apricot with cream on the house, which was delicious...

Only criticism we could make were the coffee, which was under our expectations

i totally agree with Matt K's review and i don't understand why Gallipoli restaurants are getting such a bad reviews only on this website,

Sarah
Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I'm not sure why this place is getting such a bad deal on this website. Yes, it's busy and yes, the food isn't amazing amazing, but they do a really good job for a really resonable price.

My friends and I ate there a few weeks back and had a platter plus wine for £18 a head. Although a few of the dishes weren't amazing, the majority were great and, for less than £20, it was a bargain.

It IS very crowded and they do cram them in, but the service is very quick and efficient, making it a great place for a quick bite before going out.

Matt K