Gallipoli Bazaar

107 Upper Street, Islington, London, N1 1QN - View on a map

I visited Bazaar last Friday and we had a fantastic, unforgettable time.

Even though we did not book a table the fit us in and welcomed us with a smile (which doesn’t happen very often in other restaurants).

We ordered a fried calamari (yummy), cheese pastry and babaghannuge to start with.

We were recommended by the waiter to order iskender, which was very tasty and moist. I’m definitely going to have it next time! You can also try King Prawns and Tagine dishes, which tasted fine.

It was very loud and warm in the restaurant, but I guess it is hard to find a quiet place on the Friday nite, but the place looked great and felt really cosy, loved the lamps hanging all around the restaurant!

Excellent food at reasonable prices – we will be going back!

Jessica
Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I used to live in Islington and the Gallipoli restaurants were always my favourite ones, visiting Gallipoli Bazaar after 5 years, I was amazed with the same quality of service and even better quality of the food,

I had Iskender and my partner had Bazaar special which is mixture of Kebabs and both of them were well presented and delicious...

The cocktail list was very good in price and origin, we tried mojito and cosmopolitan, the sugar was well balanced in mojito, which is A+

Although we weren't planning to have deserts, the staff offered us apricot with cream on the house, which was delicious...

Only criticism we could make were the coffee, which was under our expectations

i totally agree with Matt K's review and i don't understand why Gallipoli restaurants are getting such a bad reviews only on this website,

Sarah
Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I'm not sure why this place is getting such a bad deal on this website. Yes, it's busy and yes, the food isn't amazing amazing, but they do a really good job for a really resonable price.

My friends and I ate there a few weeks back and had a platter plus wine for £18 a head. Although a few of the dishes weren't amazing, the majority were great and, for less than £20, it was a bargain.

It IS very crowded and they do cram them in, but the service is very quick and efficient, making it a great place for a quick bite before going out.

Matt K
Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The food was a very low standard, I ordered the whitebait to start which were all black inside really not appetising at all. For our mains mum ordered the lamb knuckle which was swimming in oil so we had to get another plate so she could take it out of the oil in order to eat it. I ordered the upper street special mixed kebab and it was so dry I had to ask for yogurt to put on it so I could eat it.

The service was really bad as well I spent half the evening turned around trying to get the waiter’s attention and we waited so long for the bill I had to get up and stop him arguing with one of the other waiters, ignore the dirty looks and ask for the bill so we could get out of there.

Also the toilets are downstairs very close to the kitchen and there are no smells of cooking coming from in there, considering most of the food is supposed to be kebab, it made me wonder if the food is cooked elsewhere and they just heat it up.

Not a pleasant evening at all, the staff couldn’t care less about the diners and they had an aggressive attitude amongst themselves.

Kirsty