The Orange Tree

7 Totteridge Village, Totteridge Lane, Whetstone, London, N20 8NX - View on a map

The Orange Tree Restaurant In London

This is the worst bar I have visited! No staff behind bar for 6 minutes! Staff are generally miserable if you find any!

Food is ok but why oh why don't they get in a good manager and staff and it will be so much better. Position is lovely, why do they have security cars and men dressed in SWAT gear?

I think I have the answer to the problems, get the SWAT guys to serve in the bar and restaurant, as they seem to be doing nothing. It will be a bizarre themed pub!

Seriously, staff are so poor and few, it's a joke!

Paul
Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Visited The Orange Tree today for lunch with my daughter, the food was excellent, really tasty and plentiful, however, the service was the worst I have ever experienced. We walked into the pub and just stood there without any kind of acknowledgement although there were two members of staff who just ignored us. Eventually we were seated, one of our drinks arrived the other 20 mins later after asking twice more. We were forever chasing cutlery, serviettes or condiments. We were ignored for most of our visit. It is a shame because the setting is very pretty and the food is good but very expensive. Time for improvement and more experienced staff.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Having had various light meals of good quality and value there in the past , we booked for Christmas day

The minimalist menu was a "4 courses" set menu for the price of £69/person without the drinks

Unfortunately it was in fact a 3 courses meal with 1 chocolate truffle/each served with either tea or coffee as per 4th course

Truffle was not felt/tasted in the sauce of the main course although a drop of oil or any good reduction could have helped ....

The service was trying squeezing us for 45 minutes , I had to be firm and insisting we wanted to enjoy our meal before sitting down and had to ask if this was possible(?)

A real let down having paid more than Ex: Bar Boulud meal for the same day that was set at £55 which had a 3 course set menu + petits fours and pre-dessert was also served

How was the menu priced at the Orange Tree I really do not know.

I would simply guess that we were hit by the Christmas "expended pricing"

It is really unfortunate as this has made me feel very disappointed

Will I return ? i guess this may perhaps happen with time.

D KLein
Thursday, January 26, 2012

I recently visited The Orange Tree and have to say what a disappointment it was. From the service to the poor quality of food, it really isnt gastropub standard at all. It's very overpriced considering you have to serve yourself and the quality of food leaves a lot to be desired.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011