Spice Village (Tooting)

32 Upper Tooting Road, Tooting, London, SW17 7PD - View on a map

Spice Village (Tooting) Restaurant In London

Having dined here more than once, i can't resist myself to come and dine over and over again.The best Indian/Pakistani food in London . Meats are freshly cooked, curries are very thick and delicious.I had been to this place several times with my family. It could be very busy on weekends but the service is always very good. The food is excellent and perhaps the best value for money. Starters are delicious especially Masala Fish .. Ive never had such a nice and tasty fish anywhere in UK. Paya and Haleem are delicious as well.

In short have not been to a better Pakistanii restaurant.

N MEHMOOD
Wednesday, June 04, 2014

What a fantastic experience we have had at Spice Village. The food was amazing and the staff were very attentive throughout our meal.

One member of staff in particular was extremely friendly, bubbly and considerate which enhanced our entire experience. Do not judge a book by its cover, this place is a hidden gem. i dine quite regularly at various restaurants and Without doubt the best waiter ever, he asked us not to mention names but you will know him when you meet him! Such a lovely place i wonder why so many bad reviews..

shan masood
Monday, May 26, 2014

I visited Spice village Tooting yesterday with my family .... it was my first visit to this restaurant but was very disappointed . The restaurant was like a market with lots of noise. All i wanted was a nice and quiet place to spend peaceful moments with my family over dinner but it was the contrary of what i had expected .service was quick though but we were served with items we had not ordered . However, we got refund for it . Food was good . Personally i would not visit this restaurant again.

Rajeshwar Ramkhelawon
Monday, April 21, 2014

We (wife & I) eat out regularly and last night dedided to eat at above restaurant, BIG MISTAKE!.It was like cattle market or even worst. I am Asian and am quite used to Indian Restaurant being noisy and busy. But yesterday took the biscuit.

Granted it was last day of the month, it was Sunday, the clock had gone forward by on hour, hence more light and it was mothers day. We know such days can be busy and we allowed fot that.

We queued up and had to wait for about 10 minutes before we were seated. This was in nice part of the resturant where the seating is slighly 'secluded' and the seating area is slightly raised and one can have a good view of the entire restaurant fron vantage point.

We expected that there will be a delay as the place was absolutely full. We had to wait for good twenty minutes befors the waitresss took our order. Again, we sort of expected some delay. The food arrived after about 25 minutes and it was the wrong order. By this time I was seething. However we had to wait another 5 minutes before they sorted out the problem and served us with what we ordrered. We ordred a dish known as Haleem amongst other dishes. Oh boy; Haleem was 'hot' as in chillies. It was horrible. To add salt to the wound, they only brought one chappaty, whilst we ordered two. The waitress said i will bring the other one in a minute. Great. Wife and I shared the chappaty and reminded the waitress that we were waiting! It took another five minutes before the secind one arrived and by this time Haleem had gone cold and not pallatable at all. I asked the waitress to take away the Haleem and if she take another order of Lamb Biriyani. I will let you guess what happened next. Nothing for 15 minutes. We had to wait and had to look around and soak up the atmosphere. There was a very long queue being formed outside and some families had children with them. Now instead of telling those family that there will will be a long wait before any tables or tables became available, they were asked to wait inside the hall way and were asked to stand next to the other diners as they were having their meal. One could easily see that it was getting impossible to move yet the head waiter or manager was still asking other families as they arrive to come. He was not condidering the comforts of other diners. Honestly whilst I was waiting for my meal to arrive for the senond time, there were about 31 other diners waiting for a a table to became available. can you imagine it.

By this time i was fuming as our meal had not arrived and we decided to leave.

i went upto the cashier, who I believe is the owner of the restaurant, who was sitting there and bothered at all, told him what we ate, he asked us to wait and asked the waiteress what we had ordered as he did not have a copy of the order. Cheeky so and so!.

However we inforned him of my experiance and he simply laughed off and must be thinking, one customer unhappy customer will not make a diffrence to his money grabbing machine. But he doesnot undersatnd the power of pen.

I promised my wife that we will never visit the resturant again. I rather go to Kentucky Fried Chicken next door,

if you have such awful as we did, then please do write so that others are warned or unless the owner does something the service or lack or it.

Imtiaz Sheikh
Monday, March 31, 2014

Well I went here last night, It always looks busy so thought must be good I took my laptop to work over dinner, The food was swimming in oil, to the point where I asked the manager to drain it for me, he took it away and brought it back having poured some out.

I was in there for 35 minutes when the manager asked me to leave! I looked around and counted over 40 empty seats, he said they were too busy and I had to leave with my laptop.

Shocking... clearly eat pay and get out... they value your money - they don't value customers or customer service. There are plenty of decent places on the high road - I would avoid this place.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Almost all restaurants in London provide tap water / jug of water with buffet meals. Spice village is a owned by Muslims and this is the month of Ramadan and unfortunately they DO NOT provide simple tap water with their so-called Iftaar Buffet. Just imagine at the time of Iftaar when its a tradition in Islam to give water to everyone breaking their fast, these people extra-charge for water when the buffet is already over-charged. This is a shame and the water should have been included in the Iftaar Buffet at least.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Went to this restaurant today and were utterly disappointed with pretty much every aspect.. To start with - the staff - we made a booking but when we got there they didn't seem to have record of it.. then the food orders.. again - the guys were rushing to get an order and in less than 5 mins the food was on our table.. the currys we ordered tasted below average..and the service was minus five.. if the scale started at zero. Finally bills - had visa card, which the guys declined to accept and started making up rules out of no where.. and were absolutely ridiculous.. As such if it wasnt for a taste card discount I wouldn't go there.. costs are pretty high...

james khan
Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I went to spice village, their service is very poor and food was delivered after an hour.

food was too oily and tasted unfresh.

Sana
Friday, October 26, 2012

First of -this restaurant is motivated by profit above all else- get em in get em out

Watch out for the 2 pound bottles of water they bring out or try to leave on the table only to bill you later. food is below average for tooting standards but ok . Waiters are rude and argumentative.

Place is a money machine and impersonal much better going to desi khana or mirch masala.

paul