Mugen Restaurant

26 King William Street, Monument, London, EC4R 9AT - View on a map

Mugen Restaurant Restaurant In London

This resaurant is one of the best japanese restaurants in the square mile. The food is authentically Japanese rather than fusion or a Europeanised version.

Lunch service is extremely busy so you may want to reserve before you come but even that is sometimes difficult. At the height of service some orders may take some time. It's generally best to come at the start or close to the end of service off the peak time.

Dinner service is more varied with Izakaya (Japanese tapas is the closest analogy) type dishes and other main type meals that don't make it onto the lunch menu, like the hot pot dishes.

The sashimi is generally better than most. Very fresh and usually has Toro (fatty Tuna, very expensive, but very nice).

Always a pleasure. Generally good value for money but its easy to spend more on the dinner service.

Alastair
Friday, April 11, 2014

I had an horrible experience in this restaurant. I am working for a tour operator. We helped our clients to book this meal for 34 people at 50GBP per person. They did not want to go last minute so we called some colleagues to have the dinner as it was not refundable. Some people requested to have take away instead of eating in. I arrived at 5:45pm and was advised take away will be ready in 30mins. At 6:30pm, manager of the restaurant said we will need to wait till everyone finishes!! The reason is we did not tell them 2 days in advance! Is it a joke? Or are they really useless and do not know how to manage the work? Plus, manager was really rude to us. He said he did not want to talk to us as we did not ask for take away 2 days before. I left at 6:35pm, very upset. If they told me before, i would never wait! This was incredible. It was a 1700GBP dinner and we were treated really badly. I will never ever send any groups to that restaurant! Really horrible expeirience!

Elodie Mercury