Strada (Great Queen St)

6 Great Queen Street, Holborn, London, WC2B 5DH - View on a map

Okay so, I never leave reviews for anywhere I eat, good or bad, but I had to for this one. I went to this restaurant yesterday (June 15, 2015) around 7pm with 5 of my friends and we just wanted to have a good time and eat out after a long strenuous week of post-graduate exams. Now, we got the food which was not so bad but well not so good either, just plain and average and unexciting. I ordered the seafood linguine and it was just 5/10, nothing to scream from the rooftops about.

But my major issue with this dreadful place, and the reason I am leaving a review today is because of how my friends and I were treated. After the meal we had to split the bill and my atm had a hitch and would not go through on their P.O.S. So we used about five seconds or so to get cash from our purses to pay my bill and this dreadful awful waiter got so rude and blurted out "well, let's get to it guys!" and then snatched the cash from the table and stormed out. It was the most demoralizing thing I had experienced and it just put such a sour vibe on my friends and I who really just wanted to have a light cheery day. Really wish I knew this waiter's name so I could just put it on here for their managers to see. It's not okay to just treat people like they are rubbish. I doubt he would have treated us that way if we delayed him by even an hour but we were dressed like business men from Goldman Sachs or something.

A five seconds delay in payment did not warrant his awful outburst and it was demeaning and unkind. I obviously had no clue my atm would not work on their P.O.S machine when it works everywhere else so the tiny weeney delay is not something I could have controlled. And what was more annoying was that it was just such a short time, we literally put our hands into our purses and brought out cash almost immediately so it's not like we "delayed" him in any meaningful way. I gave him a piece of my mind and he blurted out something he said was an apology but really in actual sense was an attempted justification for his rude outburst and not an apology at all.

Needless to say, this soured and spoiled our entire day and we left the restaurant feeling like rubbish. I will never go to this place in my life again and I recommend you look for other Italian restaurants nearby with better food and better customer service.

Ada O.