All reader reviews by Donna
I recently went to Windies Restaurant for a family celebration. I was disappointed from the word go. If you would like to eat authentic West Indian food served by professional staff, do not eat here.
1. The booking was at 7pm and I arrived at 7.20pm - the tables were not set up so we had to wait in the 'private room' for about 15 minutes.
2. The bar man serving drinks downstairs had dirty finger nails.
3. The starters were below standard - salt/cod fish fritters had absolutely no salt/cod fish in them - just pepper, seasoning and batter. The mango dip that accompanied it came straight from the bottle. The chicken skewers were dry in taste and were brought out swimming in sweet chilli sauce.
4. The rice was brought out 25-30 minutes after the meat/fish dishes arrived to our table.
5. The curry mutton had not been cooked that same day - it was simply reheated.
6. All the meat dishes were salty.
7. The basmati rice was brought out uncooked (soggy and grainy). The rice needed at least another 10-15 minutes to steam out.
8. The rice and gungo peas was fresh - no coconut cream, peppers or salt.
9. A party member ordered a soft drink which was watered down.
10. Plantain was ordered but failed to reach our table.
11. Coleslaw was brought to the table after the person who had ordered it finished their meal. To make matters worse the waitress still wanted to serve it!!!
12. The waitresses had very little experience and looked uncomfortable serving us.
13. They ran out of roti and strawberry ice cream despite it being on the menu.
Every party member was horrified by the standard of the food (it was inedible) and will not return to this restaurant or recommend it to anyone.
DO NOT EAT HERE!!!!!!
24th March 2007
Saturday, March 24, 2007
Food 0 | Service 2 | Atmosphere 3 | Value for money 0