All reader reviews by JC
There is a theme running through many of these reviews with which I agree wholeheartedly: the food is good, but hey it should be at the price they are charging, but the service will sink this place. I have never, ever, experienced such rude incompetence.
Rather than writing a polemic which will just make me cross, these are just a few of the reasons I won't be going back:
1) The table we'd booked wasn't the one we were given and despite the other table sitting empty all night we couldn't have it.
2) The food was brought to the table before all the guests had arrived (because we were a medium-sized group the food had been pre-ordered). Not once were we asked if we were ready and it caused pandemonium when we asked if we could wait.
3) When guests arrived we had to ask for additional glasses which were plonked on the table without a thought that they might want something in them.
4) Ordering water and wine took forever.
5) When an unexpected guest arrived there was a ten minute (I'm not exaggerating) conference about what to do with them. While they flapped, we found a chair, squeezed up and gave them a plate. One of the waiters quite literally looked like he was about to start shouting at us for this.
6) The bill. At over £100 a head it's just not good enough. There are plenty of other excellent restaurants in London and this one has some serious work to do to justify taking your money.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Food 6 | Service 0 | Atmosphere 3 | Value for money 1